Look At the Stars, Tell Me What Do You See?

"Do you really think I should help the band?" Percy asked.

I looked over at him. We had taken to hanging out on the roof of the house, once Percy had shown me how to get to it. It was the perfect spot for stargazing, so we were up there every night, unless it was cloudy.

"I think it's your choice, but you could definitely pull them back together." I said slowly.

He glanced over at me for a moment, then looked up at the sky again.

We lay there in silence for a while, watching the twinkling lights.

"Do you know any of the constellations?" Percy asked suddenly.

I shrugged. "A few, but only the ones that everyone knows."

He nodded. "Want me to point some out?"

"Sure." I inched closer to him so I would be able to see where he was pointing. It was sort of cold outside, and I was regretting not having brought a jacket.

"Gods, you're freezing, Reyna. Come here." Percy pulled me close against his body. He was only wearing a t-shirt, his arms bare to the wind, but he didn't seem to mind it.

"Okay, where do you want to start?" He asked me.

"Which one's your favorite?"

"Pegasus." He pointed upward. "See that square there? That's it's body. The two named stars I know are Alpheratz and Markab. Markab is that one."

I nodded, looking at the sky above us.

"Then off of Markab, there's a line that stretches up. It goes two stars up, then turns at an angle and goes there, to Enif. Right underneath Enif is Messier 15. It's sort of like a tiny galaxy, but it isn't big enough."

"Isn't there a constellation of your namesake?" I asked him curiously. I know a little bit of Greek mythology, and remembered there being an ancient hero named Perseus.

"There is." Percy's eyes scanned the dark sky for a moment before he pointed again. "He's there, and right next to him is the constellation Andromeda, his wife."

"She's a princess, right?"

"Yes." Percy traced the constellation with his finger, naming the parts of the body of the ancient hero and the stars that went with them. "Atik there is his foot, Menkib is his knee. Mirfak is his shoulder and those four stars that stretch out from it make up his arm. Miriam is the tip of his sword, and he holds Medusa's severed head down there, by Algol. The head itself is three of the Gorgonea stars, Gorgonea Secunda, Gorgonea Tertia, and Gorgonea Quata. There's a galaxy cluster near there, as well as a nebula above his head."

When I didn't ask him another question, he stayed silent for a while. I was content to simply lie next to him and stare at the sky.

Percy began to hum quietly. I wouldn't have even noticed if I wasn't right next to him, feeling the vibrations of his voice inside his chest.

I wasn't sure how I knew the song he was singing, I didn't ever remember hearing it before, but the words began to flow through my head like I had always known them.

Look at the stars, tell me what do you see?

Just close your eyes and describe it to me.

The heavens are sparkling with starlight tonight,

That's what I see through your eyes.

I began to hum along with him softly.

I see the heavens, each time that you smile,

I hear your heartbeat just go on for miles,

And suddenly I know my life is worthwhile.

That's what I see through your eyes.

Here in the night, I see the sun.

Here in the dark, our two hearts are one.

It's out of our hands, we can't stop what we have begun.

And love just took me by surprise, looking through your eyes.

"Maybe you should join the band." Percy said. I could hear the smile on his face in his voice.

"I don't play bass." I reminded him.

"No, but they could use another backup vocalist. That was what Thalia did as well."

"If you join the band I think you've got them covered." I pointed out.

"Maybe I want you to join the band with me."

"Not going to happen."

"How about I make you a deal." He said suddenly, sitting up and dragging me with him.

"Depends on the deal..." I said slowly.

Percy grinned and held out his hand. "I'll join the band if you start actually trying to stay in this competition and find a way to stay with us."

I eyed his hand for a minute, debating.

"Fine." I grabbed his hand and shook it.

Percy nodded. "I'm going to go find Nico."

"Right now?" I frowned. "It's nearly midnight."

"He'll be up. He always is." Percy stood and stretched, then offered his hand to me. "You should probably go inside, it's pretty cold out."

"I'll go in a few minutes." I waved him off.

Percy nodded and left. I looked back up at the stars. I traced the two constellations he'd showed me with my eyes.

And love just took me by surprise, looking through your eyes.

[A/N guys I miss my dogs. Also, Ihrschatz0307 seems to think I can't live without a plastic parrot XD]