The Interrogation (My Friends are Insane)

"Do you want to take this?" Percy asked, gesturing to the basket hanging from his arm. "If I do Nico's gonna eat all of it."

I laughed. "Sure. I'm sure Lou and Gwen will tear it apart, but that's okay with me."

Percy popped open the car door for me and handed me the chocolate basket, then closed it and walked around the car to get in.

"And now we're going home." He said, starting the car.

I checked the time. We'd been out for almost 3 hours.

"You know, this was a lot of fun." I said.

"I agree, actually." Percy grinned, keeping his eyes on the road. "Not many people pestering us, I'm with an awesome girl who I can be myself around, and great food. Not as good as my mom's mind you, but really great."

I rolled my eyes. "Do you see your mom often?"

"Yeah. I go see her most weekends. She's been seeing this guy recently, and I didn't think I'd like him but I really do. He's a cool guy. We've already explained my world to him."

"How did he take it?" I asked.

"Paul? Totally cool with it. He actually knows how to swordfight, there's been some interesting weekends in my house."

I rolled my eyes. "I'm sure your mother was overjoyed to have two sparring children in her house."

"As long as we stay out of the kitchen and don't break anything, she's completely fine with it."

"Lucky you."

"Yeah. I wish Dad would visit once in a while though." Percy said.

"He's probably trying to protect you." I said. "Nico told me about your uncle."

Percy looked a little surprised about that. "He did? Oh, okay.... Yeah, I'm sure that's what Dad's doing, but it doesn't mean I have to like it."

"Of course not." I sighed. "Sometimes the gods make me so angry.... Jupiter especially."

"That feeling is shared with most of the contestants." Percy said. He pulled up to our giant house and stopped the car's engine.

"This was a lot of fun." I told him as he helped me out of the car.

"I agree." Percy leaned in and kissed me on the cheek. As he started to move away, he whispered, "Aphrodite is watching us."

I felt myself blush at the kiss, then scowled slightly at the mention of the goddess. "Thanks for the heads up."

"I'll see you tomorrow?" He asked.

"Sparring." I reminded him. "Maybe we can do 1 versus 1 versus 1 with Nico."

"And gang up on him?"

"Possibly." I laughed.

"Alright!" Percy punched the air. "I gotta go park the car, goodnight your majesty."

I frowned at him. "What?"

"Maggie said your name means 'queen.' I think the nickname is appropriate." He got in the car before I could retort.

With a sigh, I walked inside and started up the stairs.

I was almost to the top floor when I heard loud music playing. I wondered who was making so much noise.

"EVERYONE GIVE IT UP FOR AMERICA'S FAVORITE FIGHTING FRENCHMAN!" Gwen suddenly screamed from above me.

Of course it was her.

The foyer of the contestant floor was chaos. Gwen, Lou, the Hermes brothers, and Rachel were singing along to some strange song and jumping on the chairs and couches. They chucked pillows at each other and whooped loudly.

"But, for this to succeed, there is someone else we need!" Rachel shouted.

"I know!" Travis Stoll responded.

"HAMILTON!" They all shouted. I located the radio with Rachel's phone plugged into it that was playing the music. I quickly moved over to it and turned it off, leaving Gwen spitting the words to the song by herself.

"Sir he knows what to do in a trench, ingenuitive and fluent in French...." She trailed off, then saw me. "Reyna's back!"

Lou shooed the two boys out. "It's girl time. Get lost."

Rachel and Lou plopped down on the couch and Gwen pulled up a chair in front of it.

"Sit."

I rolled my eyes and put the basket of candy down next to the chair as i sat.

"How did it go?"

"We had fun." I shrugged.

"Where did he take you?" Rachel asked.

"A place called Katie's Kitchen and then a candy shop his mom used to work at."

All three of them cooed.

"Is that what that's from?" Lou asked.

"Yep. You want some?" I handed the basket over.

As I'd expected, they tore the thing apart.

"Okay, most important question," Gwen said through a mouthful of chocolate. I got a sinking feeling in my stomach.

"Did he kiss you?"

I didn't answer right away, but my face heated up, and that was answer enough.

"Yes!" Gwen squealed.

"Where? Lips, cheek, neck? Details!" Lou demanded.

"He kissed my cheek." I said.

"They're so cute!" Rachel was high fiving Gwen.

"So what are you guys doing tomorrow?" Lou suddenly asked.

"Sparring." I answered before thinking about it.

"Can we watch?" Gwen asked.

"Well....I suppose....if Nico and Percy are okay with it...." I said awkwardly.

"You should ask them. Or have Will ask!" Rachel pointed over my shoulder.

The bewildered son of Apollo looked like a deer in headlights when I turned around.

"Hey Will, can you ask Nico if he wants to go 1 versus 1 versus 1 against me and Percy tomorrow and see if they're okay with some people watching?"

"Uh, yeah, sure..." He said awkwardly.

"There." I turned back to the girls. "Are you happy now?"

"No!" Lou exclaimed. "We have more questions!"

I groaned inwardly. This is going to take a while....

[A/N I'm looking forward to writing the fight chapter]