They're Perfect For Each Other

"Contestants we have something important to discuss, please come to the foyer." Cupid announced.

"Every time!" I complained, throwing down my boxing gloves. "I get in the workout room and something happens that requires me to be somewhere else!"

Not even bothering to try and make myself 'more presentable,' I stormed up to the foyer and flopped on one of the seats.

"You didn't even try, did you?" Nico asked teasingly.

"Why should I?"

"Good point. I hope this is fast, I have stuff to do."

"Same here, di Angelo."

People began to trickle into the room. Bianca shot me a look as I sat and chatted with her brother and Annabeth made a comment to Drew, but I ignored them.

"We have something very serious to discuss today." Venus spoke from the front of the room.

"Is Ramírez-Arellano disqualified?" Annabeth asked quietly.

"I heard that, Chase." I responded.

"No, but two of you are."

"Why?" Drew asked. She seemed a little nervous.

"Two of the contestants are dating each other." Cupid announced.

The room shot into an uproar. I rolled my eyes, shooting Nico a look that said 'Surprise, surprise!'

He snickered.

"Who is it?" Octavian, that blond brat of a boy who thought he was better than everyone, asked.

"Why, you and your girlfriend, of course!"

The boy paled, but shook his head.

"I haven't got a clue what you're talking about."

"Actually, you do. As does Drew." Venus cut in.

"What?" Drew tried.

"The two of you are disqualified for already having a relationship when you applied for this. A relationship with each other."

I noticed the camera in the corner of the room. So they'd picked those two for the drama. Typical godly behavior.

"But-I never- Uh-" Octavian spluttered.

"YOU!" Drew wheeled on me. "You told, didn't you?!"

"I had a suspicion, but I didn't know your man was on the show too. Girls like you just always have a guy and I figured it was true in your case. I didn't tell anyone because I couldn't prove it." I smiled at her.

"YOU LAIR!" Drew lunged at me, but I stood and sidestepped so she crashed into the chair instead.

"Miss Tanaka!" Venus barked. She didn't look like her usual sappy and perfumey self. Her cheekbones were slightly sharper, her face was more angular and she looked sterner. This truly was Venus, not Aphrodite.

"Yes, Mother?" Drew asked shakily.

"Reyna did nothing. She never spoke of the two of you. Now take your sniveling boyfriend and leave."

"Yes, Ma'am."

"Please, Lady Venus, it was only-" Octavian began. He was a Roman? Fantastic.

"Quell your incessant nattering! I am weary of your silver tongue, leave before I detach it from your mouth!" Cupid snapped.

Octavian, if it was possible, got paler. "Yes, sir!"

He helped Drew to her feet and the two of them scrambled from the room.

"Is that all?"

"Yes." Venus waved a hand. "You may all go back to what you were doing before."

I got to my feet and headed out of the room, Nico at my side.

"You didn't tell, did you?" He asked.

"No. I had suspicions of her, but I didn't say a word."

He nodded like he had expected this.

"So where are you going?"

"Training room."

"Would you mind if I join you?"

"Not at all."

----------------------------

"You hit like a girl!"

"Thank you!"

"Let me rephrase that, you hit like a girl that hasn't been taught how to hit!"

"Sure I do!"

"Seriously it feels like butterflies are landing on me!"

"Oh really?" I whirled and kicked Nico in the stomach as hard as I could. "Still feel like a butterfly?"

"Yeah." He grunted. "Just a really big one."

I scoffed and ducked his punch to spear tackle him.

"Ungh!" Nico grunted as I knocked the air from his lungs and pinned him to the ground.

"I win!"

"Not yet! Get off!" He shoved at me but I grabbed his wrists and pinned those down too.

"Face it, di Angelo, the only way you're getting up is if you admit you lost and that I am superior to you."

"Never!" He melted into the the small shadow we were casting. I yelped as I lurched forward, then jumped to my feet and began to turn, looking for him.

"Peekaboo." A voice whispered in my ear. I whirled and punched on instinct.

"OW!" Nico yelped.

"Maybe next time you shouldn't try to sneak up on me." I said.

"I'll never win!" He sighed.

"Well you were fighting a daughter of Bellona." I reminded him.

"Yeah whatever."

[A/N So Dravian....yeah]