When It's Crunch Time...

I knocked on the door to Piper's room.

"The wind may howl, but the mountain does not bow." A voice said from behind the door.

I glanced around and leaned in to respond quietly. "The sea may roar, but the land will not retreat."

The door opened and Piper nodded to me. She'd traded her previously brown scarf with turquoise designs for a purple one that matched mine, with a blue wave decal across the front. We nodded to each other and she stepped aside so I could come in.

Most of the band and several contestants were sitting around the room. Jason was on the bed, the divot in the covers next to him telling me Piper had been sitting at his side. The couch was occupied by Lou Ellen, Connor, Travis, and Rachel. Gwen, Frank, Hazel, and Will were sitting on the carpet.

"Alright. How are we looking?" I asked once Piper had closed the door.

"Apollo and Aphrodite have been working to get more gods on our side." Jason said. 

I nodded. Two days after our live announcement the hosts of the show had brought me into a quiet room and told me they agreed with what I was doing. Along with providing materials for the mortal protesters that Rachel was leading, and matching masks for all of us that showed the wave decal on a purple background, they were working through the Olympian council to undermine Zeus and muster as much support as possible.

"I've got half a legion of children of Mars on their way here now." Frank offered from the floor. "And my half sister Clarisse is situating her cabin in the lower guest rooms of the house."

"That's good..."

"I've scheduled daily picketing in front of several buildings across the country." Rachel grinned. "Including the Empire State Building. The story is that one the Rattling Skulls producers are planning on breaking up the band and one of them is currently having daily meetings there."

"Nice. And you're leading that one?"

"Yes ma'am." She smirked. "It's really fun."

I smiled and looked at Jason again. "Do you know which gods we've got so far?"

"I'm not sure of the specifics."

Nico spoke up. "Aphrodite, Apollo, Poseidon obviously, Hephaestus, Hermes, and Hera surprisingly. Athena is on the fence, as Percy is the son of her main rival. Ares stands with Zeus, Hestia has been neutral so far."

I frowned. "What about Artemis?"

"From what I understand, she is solidly against you." He sighed. "She disapproves of your fighting for a man."

I sighed. "I suppose that makes sense."

"However, I do not think she will stand with Zeus if this comes to blows." Piper spoke up. "She would not put her hunters at risk of that, with so many deities involved."

"Well that's good. Demeter?"

"No clue. She hardly focuses on a conversation for more than two minutes as is, Apollo is hardpressed to keep her paying attention." Jason shrugged.

I looked at Nico again. "What about your father?"

"He's not an Olympian."

"I know that, but he is powerful. He's the oldest of the male children of Cybele."

"Cybele?" Lou Ellen asked curiously.

"Roman counterpart of Rhea, I believe." Will offered. The daughter of Hecate nodded.

Nico shrugged. "I doubt my father will want to do a son of Poseidon any favors."

"But siding with us in trying to avoid paperwork would appeal to him, wouldn't it?" I countered.

He sat up slowly. "That's... a really good point actually. I'll bring it up to him."

"Good. What about the god of alcohol, Bacchus?"

"Currently cursed to serve at Camp Half-Blood, and therefore of no use to us." Connor Stoll spoke up.

"Aaagh!" I tugged the ponytail holder off of my braid and began to redo it. "There are too many variables in this."

A booming voice echoed through the building, shaking the walls and floor.

"Reyna, daughter of Bellona. Face me and your crimes against the Throne of Olympus!"

"That's Ares." Travis said, eyes huge.

I took a slow breath. "Someone go get Clarisse."

"Something tells me she's already got an idea what's going on." Piper shook her head. "But I'll make sure."

I darted out of the room with her, and we split at the end of the hall. I ran down to the weapons room and grabbed a practice set of armor that would fit me the best. Pulling it on hurriedly I grabbed a spear, then a sword and scabbard just in case. Once I had everything, I snatched a helmet and ran back up a flight, to the main floor.

A huge, muscular man in leather stood facing a group of armored teenagers. Weapons were out on both sides and the only two not wearing helmets were the tall man and the burly brown-haired girl heading up the group.

"Clarisse." I nodded to her. She nodded back and pulled her helmet on, dropping into a ready stance.

"You." The man pointed to me.

"Lord Mars." I nodded, stopping next to Clarisse. "This does not have to come to blows."

"You stand against Zeus, king of the gods." He growled, a huge war spear appearing in his hands.

"I do not." I said calmly. "I stand for Percy Jackson."

"As do we." Clarisse said.

"As do we." A group of the contestants filed through the door with the band in the lead.

"As do we." Venus and Apollo stepped out to join us.

Mars narrowed his eyes. "Then you take it up with Zeus. Three hours."

He began to flow a painful scarlet and everyone shielded their eyes.

"I guess that's our deadline." I sighed once the flash dissipated.

"What do you mean?" Gwen asked, confused.

"I'm not standing down just because Mars is trying some intimidation tactic. Three hours before we stand in front of the Olympian Council."

The group looked at each other nervously.

I sighed. "Whoever wants to back out now, feel free to do so. I understand that standing up to Jupiter himself was not what some of you were expecting. Those of you who still want to go, meet here at a quarter to two."

Without waiting for an answer, I marched out of the room.