Concussion?

I rubbed my forehead and groaned.

"I'm sorry, I swear it was an accident-" Nico was blushing furiously as he fluttered around me like a skeletal moth, trying to make sure I was okay.

"No, it's fine....good aim." I muttered.

"Are you sure you're okay? You could have a concussion, we should get you checked out."

"Nico!" I snapped. "I'm fine!"

I tried to stand, but my legs didn't seem to want to cooperate.

"I don't think you are." Nico insisted again. "It was a solid kick, Reyna."

"Just help me up."

Nico grabbed my wrist and pulled me to my feet. Immediately the room began to spin and I groaned again. Nico slipped my arm over his shoulder to keep me from falling over.

"Told you."

"'M fine." I grunted.

"No you aren't." Nico growled. The tone of his voice made me flinch, which made my head hurt again. "You're hurt, it's probably a concussion, and you're going to the doctor. Now."

Before I could protest, he began to walk me out of the room.

Every step was torture. I bit my lip hard so I didn't make noise, but from Nico's worried glances, I wasn't doing very well.

"Lord Eros, Lady Aphrodite?" Nico called as we reached a dark pink door. I winced at the sound of his voice so close to my ear.

"Nico, what's wrong?" Venus came to the door, Piper at her side.

"I think Reyna has a concussion, can you get Apollo?"

Venus nodded and ushered us in. The pinks in the room made my head hurt, but when Nico sat me down on the couch, I relaxed a little at the plush feeling.

"What happened?" Piper asked, sitting next to me.

"Uh, I may or may not have... kicked her in the head." Nico muttered.

"You did what?!" Piper snapped. Quite loudly.

"Shh! If she's got a concussion, loud noises will hurt her head."

I nodded in agreement, then gritted my teeth and cursed myself under my breath for not thinking.

"What's up, who needs the help?" A man's voice called. Again, loudly.

"Shhh!" Nico and Piper hissed.

"They think she has a concussion." Venus explained, leading a tall teen with blond hair and a lip piercing into the room.

"Ah, concussion. That'll suck, hon." He smiled at me sympathetically, sounding more mature than he looked. Something told me it was a one time thing.

"What happened?" He asked, coming over and beginning an examination. He had me follow his finger as Nico explained.

"We spar almost every day. She's a great opponent, it's a challenge. We were practicing hand to hand today, and I took an opening when I saw it. I ended up kicking her in the head really hard and she passed out for a few seconds."

"Di Angelo, what were you thinking? If-" Venus started.

"'S my fault, I wanted to spar." I muttered.

"Hush and tell me how many fingers I'm holding up." Apollo said.

I didn't bother to tell him that he had contradicted himself.

"Three."

"Five."

"Two, I'm not a moron."

Apollo sighed. "It doesn't seem that you have a concussion, you're just a little rattled. I'd recommend quiet and a good amount of rest, then you should be fine. You also have some sort of fever, so sleep is vital. And drink some water. Just be sure avoid more hard contact with your skull for a while."

I nodded slowly, making sure to keep my head from throbbing.

"Piper, can you keep her in your room? The room that the girls share will be too loud."

"Course, Mom." Piper helped me to my feet. "Nico, can you go tell Jason where I am? I'm gonna stay with Reyna for a little while to make sure she's settled in."

"You got it." Nico left the room with us, then headed off the opposite way we were going.

"Alright, I'm gonna kick Thals out when we get there." Piper promised me. "Do you want soup or something?"

"Nah, I'm just tired." I muttered.

"Okay..." I began to hear loud music as we approached a door on the left.

"Wait here." Piper left me leaning against the wall. She opened the door and I heard her telling off the daughter of Zeus off inside.

Thalia came out the door and gave me a sympathetic smile. "Hope you feel better, Arellano."

"Thanks, Thalia."

Piper came out and helped me inside. "That bed's mine," she pointed to a bed with a blanket that had a horse knitted into it, "You can sleep there. I'll get you some food later, but by the end of the day you'll probably need to be back in the group room."

I flopped onto the bed without second thought. "Thanks Piper."

"Course. Now go to sleep." There was power in her words and I felt myself immediately begin to drift away.

[A/N Reyna's stressed and stuff]