I Won't Say I'm in Love

The rest of the show was Cupid and Venus asking the band questions about Percy and how they thought he would fare in the band. They all seemed optimistic. I could see Nico's nervousness though. He had heard the thunder, and he knew all too well what it could mean.

After the band was done, they went offstage. Us contestants went back to our stylists to give the clothing back, but on my way, someone grabbed my arm and pulled me off to the side.

"How did I do?" Percy asked. I grinned at him.

"You did great. It sounded awesome."

"Really?"

"Yeah."

"Thanks for getting me to do this." He ran a hand through his hair, which had been messed up with some sort of hair product. "I didn't know how right it would feel."

I nodded. "You seemed like you really felt at home for once."

"Yeah. Ever done something that just gives you a rush and you feel like you're flying? It felt like that."

"Reyna, come on!"

I turned to see Gwen waving at me. "Lou is making popcorn, she said to pick out a movie!" 

I waved her off. "I'll be there in a second."

Gwen nodded and wiggled her eyebrows at me, I stuck my tongue out at her and turned back to Percy.

"So I've got to go, but Aphrodite says that if I'm in the band I need to participate in the contest."

I nodded slowly. "Okay..."

"And she says I have to go on dates with some of the contestants..." He rubbed the back of his neck.

"Alright."

"So, I was...uh, I was wondering...if you'd be my first?" 

"Date?" I was surprised, and a little bit excited at the prospect, though I couldn't figure out why. 

Percy went extremely red. "It's okay if you don't want to. I just thought, since we already know each other..." He began to stammer a little bit, which I found to be very cute and distracti-Focus! He asked me a question, I had to answer.

"I understand. You don't want the awkward first date situation." I finished for him.

"Yeah." Percy nodded gratefully. "You up to it?"

"Sure." I smiled. "When?"

"Uh, does tomorrow at noon sound good?"

I nodded. "Sounds perfect. See you then."

"Yeah. See you." Percy smiled shyly. Gwen called my name and I forced myself to turn away from his cute face.

"Having fun with your boyfriend?" She teased me when I reached her.

"He's not my boyfriend." I muttered, cheeks flushing.

"Right." Gwen made a sound of disbelief.

I socked her lightly on the arm and tried to push Percy to the back of my brain for a little while.

Lou brought out popcorn and Gwen held up the movie that she had picked out. 

It was a kiddie movie of some sort, and Gwen loved it, but I wasn't really paying attention.

I was still working on finding where my mind had gone.

Each cutesy scene between the characters that were falling in love made me think of something Percy and I had done.

Him catching me when I fell down the stairs.

The night up on the roof, looking at the stars.

Listening to him sing.

Sparring.

That time he caught me when I slipped on the mat.

I tried to find something else to think of, but my mind kept circling back to Percy and his sparkling eyes, his wild hair, his smile.

Good gods, I really have lost it. I had no clue how to respond to this situation, I'd never encountered these feelings before.

Someone waved their hand in front of my face. "Reyna? Reyna!"

"Huh?" I looked up.

"The movie's over." Gwen told me.

"Oh, sorry, my mind was somewhere else."

"With a certain black haired bass player?" Lou teased.

"No!" 

My face probably gave it away, because Gwen started cooing about how cute we would be together.

"There's no guarantee we'll get together." I interrupted her. "He just asked me on a date because he wants to avoid awkwardness."

"He asked you on a date?" Gwen squealed. "How cute! Is that why you two were blushing?"

I glared at her. "Yes. It's not like we're into each other."

A small part of my mind singsonged that what I had just said wasn't really true. I tried to suffocate it.

"Your flaming cheeks beg to differ." Lou pinched my face and I slapped her hand away.

"Come on, just admit it! We know you're head over heels for the guy!" Gwen pestered me.

"No."

"No you won't admit it or no you aren't totally in love with him?"

"Just...just no. Leave me alone." I complained.

"But I want to know!" Gwen whined.

"Too bad." I told her, crossing my arms and looking away. 

"Come on, Reyna, it can't be that horrible to admit you have a crush." Lou reasoned.

"I don't have a crush!" I lied. This time I knew it was a lie.

"Oh, well that's good. He's a rather handsome guy, don't you think?" Another voice asked from behind me.

"Go away Annabeth."

"Why would I do that?" She sat down on one of the chairs and smiled at me, sickly sweet. 

"What do you want?" I asked flatly.

"You're Percy's friend, right?"

"Yes..."

"How long have you known him?"

"Since a few weeks into the competition." I raised an eyebrow at her. "Why?"

"Oh, I was just making sure I wasn't stepping on any toes if I tried to get with him, you know?" Annabeth stood and flicked her curls over her shoulder as she turned. "Glad we had this talk."

I glared after her as she flounced off, feeling an ugly sensation in my chest.

"If looks could kill." Gwen whispered to Lou.

[A/N No chance, no way, I won't say I'm in love...It's my brother's birthday this weekend!]