Teasing And Hair-Braiding

The day started out peacefully.

Well, as peacefully as mine usually are.

I'd been sparring with Percy regularly for a week now, and each time we got more competitive, more determined to beat each other. 

We'd also started to hang out when we weren't sparring. Nico thought it was funny, but he'd never tell me why. 

At first I had felt a little awkward around him, despite the fact that we usually got very close during our fights. I had been nose to nose with this guy and I still felt nervous just talking to him and making conversation.

'What in Pluto's name is wrong with me.' I thought to myself every time I thought about it.

I was pretty sure it was just something about Percy. He was nice, he was funny, his eyes were an amazing color that I had no idea was even possible and it was just so easy to get lost in them. And his hair made even better. Messy and pitch black, it made his eyes more obvious.

"Hey, Reyna, watcha thinkin' 'bout?" Lou plopped down beside me where I was curled up on one of the couches in the open living room.

"Nothing." I shrugged.

"Really? You sure it wasn't some handsome, dark-haired boy who goes by the name of Nico?"

I scowled and she laughed, assuming it was directed at her. In reality, I was scowling at my reaction. Up until she said 'Nico' her words had pulled up a mental picture of Percy and I had no clue why.

"No, that's not what I was thinking about." 

"Sure it wasn't."

"Seriously, Lou, it wasn't. And I will seriously punch you if you keep bugging me about it."

"Defensive much?" Lou teased.

I pulled back my fist and she threw her arms up to shield her face, laughing. "C'mon, you know I'm just joking!"

I sighed and rolled my eyes. "Well I could tease you about what's his face."

She raised an eyebrow, confused. "What's his face?"

I glanced around and leaned in conspiratorially, smirking at what I was about to say. "Word on the street is that you have the hots for a certain son of Hermes."

"Conner?! No! Absolutely not!" She protested.

I grinned triumphantly. "I would like to point out that I didn't give you a name."

Lou went red and glared at me. "That's not funny."

"Yes it is!" I singsonged.

Lou stood to lunge at me, then her gaze drifted over my shoulder and she grinned.

"Hi Nico, looking for your girlfriend?"

"She's not my girlfriend!"

"I'm not his girlfriend!"

Lou burst out laughing and I chucked a pillow at her before turning to Nico. "Hey, what's up?"

"Wanna watch a movie with me?" He asked. "I found a good one and I thought you'd like it so I figured I'd ask."

Gwen, who had been sitting off to the side, began to make kissy noises. I flipped her off and stood.

"Sure, I'll watch with you."

"Make good choices!" Lou called as we walked off. Scooping up a pillow from the nearest couch, I twisted and hurled it at her, not even waiting to see if it hit.

"Hey!"

"Nice shot." Nico commented as we continued.

"Thanks. So what are we watching?" 

"Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters." Nico said.

I frowned. "What's it about?"

"Um, it's the old story with a little twist. They're adults and they go after the witch to kill her." He explained.

"Sounds violent."

"It is."

I smirked. "Good."

-------------------------------

Nico yelped in surprise as the witch exploded. I snickered and he stuck his tongue out at me. When he turned back to the television, I slipped my hand over the back of the couch to his shoulder.

He didn't notice until I grabbed his shoulder.

"Reyna! Stop it!" He exclaimed. I chuckled at him and tossed a piece of popcorn at his head.

"No thanks."

Nico rolled his eyes at me and turned back to the movie.

------------------------------

"This is going to sound weird, but can I braid your hair?" I asked Nico. After finishing Hansel and Gretel, we had started a Marvel movie marathon.

Nico frowned and ran a hand through his messy hair. "Think you can?"

I nodded. "Probably. Lemme try."

"Fine." He sat in front of me and I scrutinized his locks for a moment before starting at the top of his head and french braiding in a coil. 

"There you go, Princess, your crown is ready." 

Nico felt his head and scowled. "Not funny."

"It's a little funny."

He rolled his eyes. "You did mine, now I get to do yours."

I raised an eyebrow. "You know how to braid?"

"Bianca taught me." He shrugged.

Hesitantly, I sat down on the floor.

Nico kneeled behind me and I felt his fingers working my original braid out. Onscreen, Loki got thrown around by the Hulk and I rather expected my head to feel similar to the Norse god, but Nico's touch was gentle and practiced.

"Your hair is really gross." He told me. I could hear the grin in his voice.

"Well yours isn't exactly a bed of daisies either."

[A/N idk what this was....kinda fluff I guess]