Will Solace

"You need to pay better attention!" I told Nico as he jumped back frantically to avoid a sword being swung at his head. I pressed forward as he backpedaled, trying to get a hit somewhere on his person.

"I'm trying!" He insisted, parrying my next attack and replying with one of his own.

"Is it the band thing?" I asked him, stopping his attack and locking our swords together.

"Yeah." Nico grunted, pushing his body weight against mine. "We're all nervous we aren't going to find another player."

I swiftly unlocked our swords and sidestepped, sending Nico stumbling forward.

"That sucks. Maybe I can help."

"I thought you said you didn't play." Nico regained his balance and turned, charging me again.

"I don't, but maybe I can help you find someone."

"How?"

I disarmed Nico and held my sword to his throat. "Not sure. I'll tell you when I think of something. Didn't you say you had an idea?"

"Fell through." Nico shrugged, picking up his sword and putting it in it's sheath.

"Well I'm sure we can keep looking." I assured him as we left the gym and headed upstairs.

Nico shrugged, but I could tell his mind was elsewhere.

"There's something else, isn't there?" I asked him.

Nico glanced around us, then quickly pulled me out onto the balcony near us and pulling the door closed after shutting the blinds.

"Is it really that important?" I asked him, worried that he was going to drop some bomb like he had cancer or something.

"I think I've made my final decision." Nico said quietly.

I blinked. That wasn't what I expected.

"Okay."

"But I'm not sure....can you help me with that too?"

"I'm not exactly a romance expert," I told him, "but I can tell you what I think of him."

Nico nodded and mumbled something.

"Little louder." I told him.

"Reyna, this is hard enough as it is, can you not make fun of me?" The son of Hades got angry quickly and I backtracked.

"I wasn't trying to be mean, I promise! I didn't hear you!" I said.

"Yeah right." Nico scowled. "You don't approve of my lifestyle, is that it?"

"I never said that!"

He started to reply hotly, then stopped and took a deep breath.

"Sorry. I-"

"You don't have to explain." I told him. "Just pretend it didn't happen."

Nico nodded and took another deep breath. "Okay, let's try this again."

"I promise I won't judge you by who you pick." I said softly.

"I was going to choose Will....but I don't know anymore, I'm scared that he's straight or he'll turn me down or something! If he's straight, he'll be disgusted with me and then on top of it everyone will know I'm gay. What do I do?"

I smiled at him. "I think Will's a nice guy. And if he isn't gay, he's at least bisexual, I've seen him checking you out."

Nico blushed. "You did?"

"Once or twice, yeah." I clapped Nico on the back. "Go get 'em, Tiger."

Pushing through the glass doors, we started back towards where we were headed in the first place.

"Thanks Reyna, I don't tell many people." Nico said.

"Did you tell your sister?" I asked.

"Yeah, yeah, Bianca knew. I guess that made it hurt a little more." He muttered.

"Bianca trusts you to make your own choices and wants you to be proud of who you are, you know that, right?" I asked.

"I know." Nico nodded. "Trust me, she made that clear enough."

I grinned at him and we continued on in silence.

"Speaking of going and getting them," Nico started as we turned a corner. "There's your chance."

I followed his head jerk down the hallway to see Percy on his knees under a water fountain that had been installed in a little alcove, working with the pipes.

"I-I don't know what you're talking about." I said, surprised a little at his implication and feeling my cheeks turn slightly red.

"Sure you don't. He's cute, I'll give you that." Nico turned again to head towards his room, walking backwards to wink at me. "Go for it, girl."

I opened my mouth to retort, but someone down the hallway interrupted me.

"Hey, Reyna! Can I talk to you?"

Nico's eyes widened and he sped down the hallway as Will Solace ran up to me.

"Uh, sure, what's up Will?" I frowned. Will and I didn't really talk, what did he want now?

"Can I ask you your opinion on something?" He asked, his gaze darting down the hallway to where Nico had disappeared.

"Sure." I raised an eyebrow.

"Do you think anyone would think it's weird if I...liked one of the guys?" He whispered to me.

I felt a small smile twitch onto my face.

"Absolutely not. I know for sure there's one other person on the show who feels the same. But why ask me?"

"Well, you're good friends with him, I figured you'd know."

"Is it Nico?" I asked.

"How did you know?" Will frowned. "Was someone talking about it? Cause I heard Drew has a gaydar that's never wrong and-"

"I didn't hear it from Drew." I rolled my eyes.

"Then how'd you figure it out?"

"Well he may know that you've been checking him out, via my information."

"What?!" Will looked panicked. "How did he react? Was he creeped out, I bet he was creeped out, does he think I'm creepy?"

"Nope."

"Then what did he say?"

I just smiled and began to walk away.

"Reyna, you can't just say that and then walk off! Reyna!"

[A/N exams are upon me....i will not be able to update often, will do so when possible]