Stormy Seas

I woke up to a loud crack of thunder, and then whispering. Sitting up, I pushed my hair out of my face and looked around the room the female contestants shared.

"Zeus is angry." Lou Ellen said quietly. "The storm's been going strong for half an hour."

I rubbed my face, yawning. "Well hopefully whoever he's mad at gets away-"

My heart jumped into my throat.

Percy.

I scrambled out of bed, grabbing the nearest t-shirt (it honestly might have been Annabeth's, I have no clue) and throwing it over my sports bra.

"Reyna? What's wrong?"

I didn't answer Rachel, snatching a ponytail holder and pulling my hair back as I grabbed a pair of tennis shoes.

The lights flicked on in the hallway automatically as I sprinted for the stairs. I heard footsteps behind me, but ignored them.

"Percy? Percy please answer!" I nearly lost my balance on the corner at the top of the stairwell. "Percy, gods, please!"

"Reyna?" A door opened, and a skinny boy with a mop of messy black hair peeked out, rubbing his eyes. My heart leapt, then sank as I realized it was Nico. "What's wrong?"

"Where's Percy?"

He yawned. "Uh... I dunno? Why?"

"Can you hear what's happening outside?"

Nico was silent for a moment, then his eyes widened in horror. "Get Jason and Piper." He dashed back into his room.

I darted to the son of Jupiter's room and pounded on the door.

Piper opened it, dagger in hand. "I swear to gods, Arellano, what-"

"Percy's gone and it's storming like all Hades is breaking loose."

She stopped, eyes widening, then grabbed her jacket and a pair of shoes. "Jason! Get up!"

We gathered in the hallway. The couple of the girls who had followed me and some boys who'd heard the commotion, Then the band and their significant others.

"What's going on?" Travis asked. His shirt was on backwards.

"Percy's missing and Zeus whipped up the thunderstorm to end all thunderstorms."

"Why is that a big deal?" Gwen asked curiously.

I glanced at Nico. "Do we....?"

"We have to." He sighed and turned to the others, giving a very brief explanation of Percy's story. Jason had gone pale by the end.

"Gods, I forgot all about that...."

"Yeah. I know." Nico said flatly, sparing him a sharp glance. "Anyway, he's been talking about picking someone, and signs are pointing to Zeus having a problem with it."

"We have to find him." Piper said. "He doesn't deserve to have his life in danger just because Zeus is a whiny brat."

Lightning flashed and she flinched. "Percy's out there somewhere. We need to find him."

"Pair up." I ordered to everyone. "We need people checking every property the gods have access too. Someone is going to need to check the streets as well."

"Where are you going?" Nico asked me.

"His mom's place."

------------------------------

Okay, technically I didn't go to his mother's apartment. I had no clue where it was.

But I did remember where that candy shop was.

"Reyna! Goodness, sweetheart, you're soaked!" Maggie exclaimed. "Come here, come sit in the back by the oven."

"Maggie, is Percy here?" I asked her as she grabbed my arm and tugged me along.

"No, why? I figured you'd know where he was more than we do."

"He's missing.... And Jupiter is angry. I need to find him. Can you tell me where his mom's place is?"

"I'll do you one better and take you there once you're all dried off." Maggie promised, frowning worriedly. "Come on."

I let her drag me back to the kitchen and sit me down in front of the massive oven. She bustled off and came back with a cell phone on her ear, talking quickly. "Yes, that's what this whole mess outside is about, I'll let you talk to her and she'll explain-" she offered me the phone.

"That's not a good idea." I shook my head. "Demigods and phones don't mix."

"Two minutes won't do much in this storm." Maggie waved me off. "Talk to Sally, she's worried sick about her boy."

I sighed nervously and took the phone. "Mrs. Jackson?"

"Just call me Sally. What's going on with Percy?"

I explained as quickly as I could. "Does that mean he's not with you?"

"He's not. I haven't seen him in days." She said worriedly. "You said you haven't seen him recently either?"

"Not in hours."

"Oh no.... Paul, honey, go unlock the front door!" She called.

"Is it alright if I come over, Mrs- Sally?" I asked hesitantly. "In case he does show up?"

"Of course, darling, come right over. Maggie can bring you."

"Thank you."

"Thank you for letting me know what's going on with my son. I'll see you soon."

We left a few minutes later, once Maggie had decided I was warm enough and had bullied me into wearing a thick coat, we left for the apartment. Maggie was silent the whole way, gripping the steering wheel tightly.

We reached the building and Maggie started looking for a parking spot.

"Stop!" I suddenly sat up. "What floor is it on?"

"The fifth." Maggie said, frowning. "What's wrong?"

I threw open the door and darted across the street to the building, running to the door. Some guy was just walking out, and I darted past him and for the elevator.

It took me a moment to remember the apartment number as I darted down the hall, but the door opened before I even reached it.