Our Next Chapter Together

I was discharged from Camp Half-Blood's infirmary two months later. The wounds were still sore, even though the demigods who healed me used as much ambrosia and nectar as they possibly could.

The Praetors of New Rome met with me a couple times while I was recuperating. We talked it over multiple times, and I ended up accepting their offer.

How proud Mother would be. One daughter the leader of the Amazon warriors, the other a Roman Praetor.

I testified at Gwen's hearing too. Venus and Apollo insisted on dealing with the trials, and Percy was there for most of the time too. I answered the questions I needed to and then went back to the camp to sleep.

"Lady Reyna." Chiron, the centaur leading Camp Half-Blood, swept into his approximation of a bow when he saw me. "I am glad to see you on your feet again."

"Thank you, Chiron. And you don't have to call me 'Lady Reyna,' just Reyna would be fine." I nodded. 

He smiled and nodded again. "Very well, I will remember that."

"Thanks. Do you know where Percy Jackson is?"

He frowned and tipped his head. "I believe he is on Olympus. The last of the trials is today, they are deciding the fate of Lord Zeus."

I shook my head. "I can't believe it took two months for them to get to him today. That's rather...."

"Upsetting?" Chiron suggested with a small smile.

"I was going to say inefficient."

"Also fair." He nodded. "But yes, I believe Mr. Jackson is at Olympus."

"Thank you." I adjusted the bag of supplies the Apollo campers had given me and turned.

"If you need a ride to Olympus, Argus should be at the border right now. Just tell him where you want to go." Chiron called after me. I nodded.

Argus was unlike anything I'd ever seen. I found it very hard to stay focused on the pair of eyes that was where a person's eyes should be. The others tended to blink at random and look around when I was talking to him.

We drove in silence to Olympus. I thanked him when I got out of the van, and he nodded.

Percy wasn't at Olympus, though the trial had gone in our favor. Jupiter was being held in Neptune's palace at the moment, with a rather impressively large guard keeping watch.

"Justice for both me and my son." Neptune said with a smile when she asked what he thought of that. "Besides, my palace here is more of a formality. I hardly ever use it and it's fairly utilitarian."

"Sounds like a very Roman building."

He laughed. "You wouldn't say that if you saw it, Reyna. I think Percy went to his mother's."

I smiled. "Thank you, Lord Neptune."

"Please, just call me Neptune. Or Poseidon, I've never had a problem answering to either of them."

I nodded. "Very well, Neptune. I hope you... approve of me, with your son."

"I hardly think you need my approval. Percy's opinion is really the only one that matters to you, I'd wager."

"Well, you're right." I smirked. "But I still would like to be on good terms with the father of my boyfriend."

"Understandable. Have a nice day, Reyna." He turned away as Athena called his name.

And so I went downstairs and started towards Sally Jackson's house. Argus had left, so I had to walk, because I did not under any circumstances want to take a taxi.

The apartment was actually pretty close to the Empire State Building. I smiled as I looked up at it.

It was a comfortable place. I could see Percy and I in a place like this someday. Maybe not any time soon, as I had to be in New Rome, but someday.

"I'm here to see Percy Jackson." I told the front desk man.

He leaned over and pressed a button. "Miss Jackson-Blofis? There's a woman here who wants to see your son."

I didn't hear what she said in response, but he nodded. "Go on up."

"Thank you." I wondered if he remembered me from the time I had shown up in the middle of a thunderstorm, asking for the same person. Maybe, maybe not.

Percy was at the end of the hall when the elevator doors opened. His face split into a crooked smile and he started walking towards me.

I grinned and ran towards him.

"Easy, Rey!" Percy grabbed me around the waist and picked me up. "You don't want to aggravate the wounds."

I waved him off, grinning. "They're fine. I missed you so much."

"I missed you too." He chuckled and kissed me softly.

And it was pretty much the best kiss of all time.