Chapter 14

[A/N]: Hiii guysssss! I'm writing a one shot and I'm actually having fun writing it! Buuuut... this is my first priority xD So yes... this chapter is dedicated to valedpoppy for making me the awesome fanart in the multimedia :D

[Louis' P.O.V]

By January, the mood swings got Harry good. He could be happy one moment and sobbing the next. It all started on our anniversary, January 2nd. I'd stayed home with him, because obviously, we'd been together for a year, and it had been the happiest year of my life. We had spent all day cuddling, we had ordered in whatever Harry wanted, which was of course pizza, and made love several times over. It was when we were snuggled up on the couch, even though we barely fit on it with Harry's belly being so large, watching Aristocats when Harry had his first drastic change in emotion.

"My tiny Louis," he had giggled, turning slightly to pat my leg.

"Nope," I fought a smile, although to be honest I didn't mind when Harry called me tiny. He was bigger than me, after all. "Not true."

Harry was silent for a moment, and when he spoke again, he was sniffling, "What?"

My brow furrowed, and I propped myself up so I could look at him better, "Kitten?"

"Not my Louis?" he whimpered, trying to squirm away, pressing his hands over his eyes.

"Oh!" I gasped, reaching for him. "No, no, baby! I mean yes, yes, I am your Louis! Always your Louis. Sure baby, your tiny Louis, I'm your tiny Louis."

"Yeah," Harry sniffled, leaning into me and turning his head to bury his face into my arm. "My Louis..."

But from then on, he was basically happy for the rest of the day. Our visits with Dr. Shell had become more frequent since Harry was now six months along. On those days Harry was usually happy. Or days when I didn't have to go to work, Harry was happy. But on days I had to leave, it was hard on the both of us. It was only his hormones that made him so emotional, and he was generally already emotional if we were separated, but now things were so much worse. I'd have to plead with the boy just to get him to eat breakfast instead of clinging to me. There was, however, one line that always got him.

"You have to eat to keep our Jelly Bean happy!" I would insist, and Harry would nod weakly and accept whatever food I offered him.

Harry was such a good father to our baby. I would catch him speaking softly to his tummy, or stroking it as he sang to our child inside. No matter what Harry was doing he always had a hand splayed protectively across the bump even though he couldn't cover it's entirety. If he was sleeping, he'd keep one arm cradling his belly. Even Liam, who had been skeptical at first that Harry was mature enough to care for a baby, agreed that no harm could ever come to our little boy or girl if Harry was around.

Harry's pregnancy had been moving along smoothly through out the months, which I was extremely grateful for considering having a pregnant male patient was new for Dr. Shell, and the man always seemed to know how to take care of my family still.

This certain morning, upon waking up, I woke up before my alarm. I quickly went into my phone and shut it off before it could blare the alarm tone, stealing a glance at Harry. He was still fast asleep. If I could get up, get dressed, and sneak off to work before Harry woke up and had time to realise that I had to leave him, I could save us both a lot of heart ache. I changed into my scrubs as quietly as I could, checking and making sure my paper ring and note were still on the nightstand. I didn't like wearing the ring to work, because so easily it could get torn, lost, or damaged. I mainly wore it around the house, but as soon as I had the money, I'd buy both Harry and I wedding bands that we could wear all the way up until our wedding.