Chapter 17

[A/N]: Hi guys :D I had to leave at least ONE cliffhanger, I mean... I haven't left ONE in this book! Anyways, I won't make this lengthy cause half of you probably won't even read it. This chapter is dedicated to HachiLoves1D FOR MAKING THE ADORABLE  JSKDJFKS MULTIMEDIA! :D

[Louis' P.O.V]

Dr. Shell and Kepa were bustling around, giving Harry strange injections and hooking him up to things. I felt like I should be offering to do something but I couldn't stop sobbing. I simply sat up close to Harry's head and stroked his curls. I had no idea what was happening aside from the fact that our baby was about to be born, and the people who knew exactly what was happening were too busy to explain to me what was happening.

"Louis can you remove his shirt and move his trousers further down on his hips?" Dr. Shell began. "Actually, just strip him completely. We'll cover everything below the hips and we can get him in a gown or something later."

"The baby isn't... in the birth canal, right?" I croaked.

"I'm doing a sonogram as soon as you pull his shirt off," Dr. Shell soothed.

"Um... the nasal tubes," I whispered.

"Ah, I guess we're cutting his shirt off then," Dr. Shell frowned. "Sorry about that."

So I cut the younger boy's shirt down the front, sliding it out from under his unconscious form but clinging onto it. I moved on to pull off Harry's pants as Dr. Shell handed me a sheet to cover his hips up with, and then spread some gel onto my Kitten's tummy for the ultrasound. I watched the screen carefully, glancing at Dr. Shell to see how he reacted, "Is..."

"We're still alright," Dr. Shell informed. "The baby is still breech, so no matter what, even if Harry was a girl, we'd be doing this cesarean section. Kepa, will you get the disinfectant?"

"It's already on the cart," Kepa informed him.

Dr. Shell went to work wiping carefully at Harry's stomach, and then he motioned to me, "You might want to get on the other side of the sheet."

I'd been standing at the edge so that I could see both Harry's tummy and Harry, but now Dr. Shell didn't want me watching anymore. I remembered my promise to Harry, and I narrowed my eyes, "I think I'm going to watch..."

"I'm not going to do anything to your child, Louis," Dr. Shell rolled his eyes, pulling on plastic gloves. "You can watch, I suppose. It's just going to be bloody and if you faint I'm not going to be able to help you."

I stood stubbornly, watching as Dr. Shell carefully made dots on the under side of Harry's round belly. And then he picked up a scalpel, pressed it against the skin slightly to the side of Harry's hip bone, and he dragged it across the dots he had made. My eyes widened and my head instantly began swimming. I grabbed onto the edge of the hospital bed for support, and Dr. Shell glanced at me warningly.

"M'okay,"  I said hoarsely. "He can't feel that, right?"

"Harry can't feel a thing," Dr. Shell explained as he worked, and I tried to focus on his face instead of what his hands were doing. "When he wakes up from his anesthetic he'll already be on some pain medicine, so it'll just feel like he was sleeping, His blood pressure is a little high, but that's normal for what's happening. I don't think we'll have to worry about eclampsia."

The man kept cutting things, and he held his hands out for Kepa to hand him scissors, "Why are you cutting so many things? What are those for?"

"Relax, Louis," Dr. Shell smirked. "There's a lot of layers to get through. The scissors are used to cut the fascia... not that you'll know what that is."