Chapter 24

[A/N]: Hiii! :D You all hate me for bringing Ella back, I know xD She's intended to be a bitch... was from the start. TIS why I didn't give her Anne's name. Because I love Anne. Anne is not a bitch. ANYWAY this chapter is dedicated to lilasmysteries for drawing that fantastic multimedia on the side! LOOK AT IT. BABY FEEEENAAAA (big thanks to @cumformelarry for that nickname xD).

[Louis' P.O.V]

"My Louis," I could vaguely feel Harry patting at me desperately. "What are you meaning about Ella?"

"She knows," I croaked out, my eyes falling onto Fionna kicking and whimpering in Harry's arms. "Ella knows about-"

"What?!" Harry gasped, cuddling our baby closer and pressing himself against my chest so that Fionna was practically hidden between us.

"That was her," I whispered, wrapping my arms around them both. "On the phone. Said she'd looked through the window."

"No!" Harry whimpered. "Will want to- cannot take our-"

"Said you and our baby were hers," I groaned, pressing my face into his hair as I swallowed back the sick feeling I felt.

"Not hers, not hers!" Harry shook his head frantically, and then he was bursting into tears.

Crying wasn't far from what I wanted to do myself. I felt absolutely terrified. The last time Ella had sworn that she was going to get Harry from me, she had even though I had sworn she wouldn't. But instead of crying like I wanted to, I enveloped Harry, and therefore Fionna as well, tighter in my embrace, "Shh, lovely..."

"Will h-hurt my L-Louis," he sobbed. "W-will t-try to take and hurt m-my Louis then will take my F-Fionna just like the cricket and I will be a-all a-alone without my family!"

"No," I tried to sound firm. "Not this time, she doesn't get you and she definitely doesn't get our Fionna."

"O-only had o-our Fionna for four days," Harry sniffled. "C-can't let anything h-happen to her n-now, j-just... cannot l-let anything h-happen t-to her e-ever!"

"I'll keep you all safe," I whispered hoarsely. "Let's lay down, okay? We're going to figure out what to do as soon as Dr. Shell comes back."

I helped the younger boy sit back on the bed, and he snuggled Fionna to his chest, still crying with his nose burrowed into the beanie on her head. I crawled up next to him, and he wiggled completely into my lap, tucking himself between my legs so he could lean against my chest and make my arms wrap around him. I sat up straighter so I could curl myself around him, one arm tucked beneath Harry's arms that cradled Fionna, and the other arm wrapped gently around Harry's middle. My head rested on Harry's shoulder, and I tried to remain calm in hopes Harry would be assured.

Yet, Harry was still sniffling when Dr. Shell slipped back into the room, looking stressed, "They're looking for her. You alright, lads?"

"I don't know," I mumbled, snuggling against Harry's back for both his sake and mine.

"So... she knows you all are here," Dr. Shell said slowly. "I've got guards watching for her, but I think it'd be safer to go somewhere she doesn't know about."

"But Fionna-" I began, and Harry automatically snuggled her closer. She had once been crying, but as soon as Harry was snuggling her up close under his neck, she'd quieted and fallen back asleep.

"Doesn't need the incubator anymore," Dr. Shell explained. "I could bring over the feeding tubes and such to your house, I'll sleep on your couch or something, and I'll feed her when necessary. However, I'm going to check your stitches right now if that's alright? Because we'll have to come back to have that removed. With what you have, Harry, generally the stitches come out on day six. Or, I suppose it's not stitches, it's just one long stitch with a bead on the end.