Chapter Two: Victorious.

This story takes place two months after the epilogue in TBBATTB in September of 2014 mainly because of Ivan and Natasha's wedding and because Lucas and Joey are one year younger than Samuel Cahill but anyway...

Chapter Two: "Victorious."

"SO HOW DO I look?" I asked Wesley, making a slow turn so he could clearly see me.

He leaned back in his chair, wearing jeans and a red t-shirt. To be honest, I did not miss the whole idea of finding new clothing to wear everyday and one little mishap of wearing the same shirt or pants for another day or in a week would make people talk about you.

Now I've got new school, new rules with uniform. The plaid black and red skirt went to my knees and I didn't bother wearing the leggings because from my window, you could see the heat waves. The shirt was okay with a navy blue collar and the crest saying Hamilton Academy of the Arts on it with masks to represent drama and an easel to represent art behind it.

"Looking good," Wesley he said and that put a smile on my face before he kept on talking. "But pull the skirt up a little, let the boys have little less of an imagination."

I laughed mockingly before it turned into a scowl, pulling my skirt even further down. "Stop bullshitting, you pervert."

I packed my dance clothes in my bag as the screen on Wesley's side of technology moved, indicating that he was moving his phone around. When I was all set with my Jansport backpack on my back and my dance bag in my hands, I turned back to Wesley. "Ready?"

"Ready. This is stupid. I wish you had an iPhone, I would be able to FaceTime you."

"There's this thing called calling or texting Wes, you can still use that part of technology."

"But it's not the same. We got to connect on the level of face to face. That's what technology does for us."

"No, technology helps computers and robots turn against the humans and annihilate everyone."

"You've been watching too many sci-fi films."

"Sydney, are you ready? You're going to be late if we don't get a move on!" My mom yelled and I'm pretty sure our neighbors could hear her through the thin walls.

"I'm coming." I yelled back. I turned my attention back to Wesley who was possibly walking down the street with his fast unlimited internet on his nice phone. "I have to go Wes."

There was a pout on his face and he sighed heavily. "Good luck today. You'll need it."

"Thanks, same to you."

He gave me one last smile before the screen went dark. I shut off my laptop and went into the living room. "Ready."

"Was that Wesley?" My mom asked as we started going to the elevator.

"Yeah." I said, pressing the down button, shaking my arms.

"Nervous?"

I stopped shaking my arms and settled down. "Yeah you could say that. It's a new start and everything's going to change. Of course I'm nervous."

I let out the last words in frustration just as the elevator doors opened. We didn't say anything in the elevator with two other people inside. But once we got to the underground parking lot, I speed walked in front of her towards the car.

When we both got in with me in the passenger seat, she started driving out. It wasn't until she was out onto the street that she started talking. "Sydney, I know how hard this move was for you."