Chapter Forty-Three: Connect 4.

Dedicated to @wallflower_tris for the amazing cover! Thank you❣️✨

I don't wanna live forever by zayn and taylor came out of nowhere my lord

Chapter Forty Three: "Connect 4."

"YOU GUYS DID amazing." I told Isaac, giving him a hug and I could feel Matilda's glare already sending fake terror through my brain.

"Thanks. I'm going to get changed, are you guys going to watch the rest of the performances before we go on?"

I looked at Eduardo and he nodded. "Yeah, we'll see you back here."

Isaac and Matilda went off to change and I settled back in my chair next to Lucas, glancing back at my mom who was talking to my tita and Liz. "You good?"

"Oh yeah," He said, taking a chip out of the bag and eating it with delight all over his expression. "I haven't had these in forever."

"You haven't had Doritos in forever." I repeated.

"Yeah," He leaned back in his chair. "You been to the kitchen in our house-"

"Both kitchens actually." I corrected.

"Yeah and you'll rarely find a bag of chips unless Ivan is home. Some of my brothers can be health freaks."

"You have two kitchens in your house?" I heard a voice say and Timothy sat down next to me on the other side where I hadn't even notice that Eduardo had disappeared with Ravi.

"Yeah..." Lucas trailed off, slowly crumpling the bag in his hands and I knew he had somewhat lost his appetite.

And a really large pantry.

"Interesting." Timothy said, before looking down at me. "So tomorrow...depending on who wins later that night, are you coming to the studio?" I nodded. He looked past me to Lucas. "You're coming too? Seeing where you're girlfriend practically grew up?"

"Wouldn't miss it." Lucas said.

"Great." Timothy responded just as Wesley moved towards our row and bent down in front of me.

"I forgot how much snacks they have here. Lucas, here man. I got you another pack of Doritos and twizzlers for both you and Sydney. Tim, you want anything?"

"Um...give me a second." He pulled out his phone as Lucas pulled out some cash from his pocket and handed it to Wesley.

"Here."

"Nah, it's okay."

"Honestly, take it. You keep buying me things anyway. It's the least I could do to pay you back and telling me how everything works here."

Wesley raised his eyebrows and took the money, putting it in his pocket. "Sydney, have I ever mentioned how much I like your man?"

"Several times today, yes."

Wesley stood up and patted Lucas on the shoulder. "Just because I like you now doesn't mean I will like you in the future, got it?"

Lucas gave him thumbs up with an uncertain smile just when Timothy put his phone away. "Um...can you get me water Wes?"

"Sure thing."

"You want to cover for that too Lucas?" Timothy narrowed his eyes and a smug smile was on his face when he said it.

Lucas twisted the silver ring on his finger, keeping his eyes down. "What do you mean by that?"

"I don't know. What do you think I meant by it?"