Chapter Forty-Eight: Don't Violate It.

Dedicated to @wolfflesh for the cover at the top and bottom! Thank you💌🌹

I don't want to go back to school tomorrow.

I think like less than twenty chapters left.

Chapter Forty-Eight: "Don't Violate It."

"JANE, YOU'RE INSANE." I told her, shutting my locker. Hey, that kind of rhymed, I couldn't help but think.

"How am I insane," The short girl asked, her arms crossed. "I simply told her she can go dig a hole and stay there."

"I don't want to be the one who says it but if you continue acting like this then mark my words: you will end up alone." I articulated.

"What? How?" I took a moment for her to actually realize what she just asked but she still stared at me like I had said something that offended her.

"You just told the girl you like to dig a hole and stay there."

"And?"

"This is how you treat someone you like? With insults to show your affection?"

"You call Lucas an idiot."

"Lucas calls me an idiot. We have an understanding. Yesterday, you almost got suspended for almost starting a fight with her."

"She was pissing me off." Jane grumbled, playing with the sleeve of her uniform sweater.

"She accidentally took your pencil," I rephrased. "What is it with you and that pencil?"

"Don't be serious. It's just a pencil. It has no significance."

It has no significance? "Then why the hell are you fighting with her over a dumbass pencil?"

Jane pursed her lips. "I don't know."

"You don't know." I repeated, staring at how someone so smart could be so clueless. My sight drifted over her head to where Lucas was walking over to us wearing a Tommy Hilfiger shirt and jeans and I could feel my heart skip a beat at the sight of him.

"Why aren't you in uniform?" Jane asked him when he reached us.

"I'm going on a trip," He said reaching us and kissed me quickly on the lips. "Hey."

"Hi. Can you tell Jane to be nicer?"

"I've been trying to tell her that for two years. Think again. It's never going to work."

"That doesn't sound rude at all. Thanks, bitch." She hit Lucas in the stomach and he grunted in pain, holding a hand to his abdomen.

"Anyway, before I was abused physically and verbally by the mutant in my life," Lucas said, glaring at Jane before turning to look at me. "I won't be back until six so I'll see you tomorrow."