Chapter Thirty-Nine: Keep It PG.

Dedicated to skyfly27 for the cover at the top, thanks💖💖

And now I can try to write 68D&C...I hope : )

Chapter Thirty Nine: "Keep It PG."

"OCT, HOW THE hell did you get into this dance?" Zen asked.

Her body twisted to face him, almost making me fall since my arm was hooked with hers. "I have my ways."

"Lying?"

Octavia shrugged. "Sure. If you want to go with that option. All these people need to think is that I still go to Hamilton Academy of the Arts. Sydney, c'mon on."

She ushered me over to the floor where people from HAA and other schools were already crowding, some people shy and just moving side to side, some laughing with their friends but I slipped my arm off hers. "In a second. I have to find Lucas first."

I moved away from my friends, pushing through the crowded people just when I saw Jane in the middle of a crowd, dancing her tiny body all out. I couldn't help but laugh to myself when she noticed me and instantly grabbed my hands, trying to make me dance with her. "Dance with me."

"Later," I laughed out. "Do you know where Lucas is?"

"He's over at the tables." Jane pointed at a distance and I thanked her, moving through people and trying not to laugh at how some people tried to dance to the mainstream pop song.

I found Lucas where Jane said he was. He wore blue jeans and a longsleeve black shirt which probably wasn't the best idea since it was getting hot in this room but I wasn't complaining.

He wasn't wearing a beanie tonight nor something plaid. His fingers were laced and pressing against his mouth, his brown eyes attentive under his glasses as he stared at the person opposite to him on the small high table.

Joey took a sip of his drink, looking different than his identical twin. He looked stressed, playing with his short sleeve of his shirt before wiping it on his pants. He was wearing a hat backwards that from my view said his name on the front of it.

I slowly walked over to them, hearing what Joey was saying. "...she showed up at my room, knocking like crazy. I don't even know how she got to our side without one of the people patrolling catching her. But anyway, she knocks on the door and it wakes up all of us in the room, yeah? And she bursts her way through practically begging-"

"What did you do?" Lucas asked, spotting me and gently pulling me to his side.

Joey glanced at me but didn't give it much of a thought, looking back at his brother. "What do you think? I made her get out obviously. I just wanted to sleep, not have an obnoxious ex-girlfriend behind my back."

"Not to mention she thinks that you and I are starting to have something." I muttered, taking one of the chips from the bowl Lucas was eating out of.

I thought over all the music blaring Joey or Lucas wouldn't have heard me but they both did since Joey stared at me like I just told him the most absurd thing in the entire world. I kind of just did. "What? She thinks that something is going on with you and me?"

I nodded, stuffing my mouth with another chip. Lucas scratched the back of his head. "Does she not know that we're together or something?"

"No offense but she barely knows you exist Lucas, don't take it to heart," Joey started laughing, pointing at himself than me. "And you and me? You're not my type."

"That's a compliment considering my type isn't under Grade A Assholes." I shot back.

"Keep your girlfriend in check would you?" Joey said to Lucas, standing up from his stool. "I'm going to go find the DJ. His playlist is shit."