Chapter Seven: Viewer Discretion Is Advised.

Chapter Seven: "Viewer Discretion Is Advised."

"LIFT."EDUARDO WHISPERED under his breath, grabbing me by the waist lifting me up. I leaned back over his shoulder, my eyes looking at the high ceiling as I pretended to struggle out of his grip, my legs kicking as if I was riding a bicycle.

He put me down, giving me a fake glare that went with the routine and doing multiple pirouettes before Ravi jumped in the air making it seem like he had momentarily slowed down in the air before putting his hands out and coming towards me in a somersault. I pretended to run for a couple of seconds doing movements that made me seem as if the character I was playing was getting paranoid before collapsing to the ground as if I had given up, moving my legs over my head before dropping slowly and dramatically them as if I was laying down.

Out of the corner of my eye I could see Ravi and Eduardo in sync pirouettes, looking grim before they stopped and walked over to me as the music shifted into something eerie. Ravi grabbed me and threw me over his shoulder. I ignored the pain as my stomach hit his shoulder, rolling my eyes as I tried to keep them closed. When I opened them lightly, I could see Eduardo whom had done back handsprings over to us.

Ravi put me on the floor gently and stood over me as Eduardo finished off with a back tuck, turning quickly. The both of them pulled off blank faces as if they didn't care as they looked down at me and the music ended.

The sound of claps filled throughout the room as I opened my eyes slowly to see Eduardo holding out a hand towards me. I grabbed it and pulled myself up. "Good job Eddie." I told him, bumping his fist.

"You too Siddy." He grinned at me as we turned to Ravi.

I poked Ravi in his hard chest almost glaring at him. "My stomach feels like it's been prodded with by a thousand needles."

"Stop exaggerating and yes I'm sorry for your stomach colliding with my shoulder but we still did great for only three hours of practice with yesterday and today."

I slapped him on the shoulder, walking over to my bag. "Yeah we did great." I looked over at Mrs. Yousiff who had watched our performance yet didn't say a word. Sarah had told me a bit about the Head of the Dance Department. Apparently she had been a pretty famous ballet dancer back in her time.

She nodded towards me before looking over at the rest of our group. "Matilda you and your group of five can have this studio for practice. Isaac and Sydney, you two can practice your duet in studio B. The tap dancers have left for the day at this time. The rest of you are dismissed for the day."

She turned around to go to her office and I grabbed my bag and sweater as Isaac walked over to me with his stuff. "Let's go?" He asked.

"Bye Siddy." Eduardo said with a grin and I rolled my eyes.

"Bye Eddie, bye stomach killer." I said the last part to Ravi who scowled yet waved at me.

Isaac and I walked out of the room and I followed him to the empty smaller room of studio B. I dropped my stuff in the corner as Isaac hooked him phone up to the speaker. "From the top?" he asked.

I nodded and he started off his position, standing right behind me. As funny as it was this duet was a lyrical one. I was used to lyrical dances. Dances I could channel any emotion I felt at the time and use it to connect with the dance. Though this type of dance was extremely for romantic purposes which involved a lot of looking at each other and touching, I didn't mind much because he was a good partner to have.

It ended off with me looking up at Isaac's eyes, my hand touching his cheek before grabbing his hand and we slowly walked off to the side. Isaac exhaled as the music ended. "That was good, better than yesterday."