Chapter Forty Two: Dramatic.

Sydney's dance at the top as well as an amazing cover from one of my favorite readers  @kathleencahill ❤️

Follow her instagram account for TBBATTB: @tbbattb

As well as Macy and Sam twitter accounts Katie made:
Macy: @mace_chase_
Sam: @Harley_SSSC

Chapter Forty Two: "Dramatic."

"RAVI, YOU MAKE this the longest bus ride ever." Hailey said in front of me, sighing.

"You guys look so dead. I mean this is the moment we've been waiting for. Nationals! Eduardo man, at least try to look alive."

Eduardo gave him a smile that clearly didn't reach his eyes on the other side of me. He's been acting like this for a while. He didn't even bother showing up to lunch for the past week due to what's been happening between him and Mary Anne.

I brought one knee up against my seat, finding a comfortable position to talk to him. "You okay?" I asked him quiet enough for anyone to hear. Out of everyone on this coach bus, Eduardo and I were the only ones that chose to sit beside each other. And I figured that he would need someone to talk to.

He shrugged, leaning his head against the side of his chair, face towards me. "We haven't spoken in a week."

"It's that bad?"

I knew it was that bad but I asked as if I was clueless. Mary Anne had been telling me everything. After exams it was like Eduardo and her got into arguments about anything and everything and eventually they just stopped talking and avoiding one another.

Eduardo rubbed his eyes with the back of his hand, sighing. "I guess so. I figured she would speak to me before I left like she usually does before this happens but clearly that hasn't happened."

"Wait... so for the past years you've been going to important competitions you've been expecting Mary Anne to apologize?"

"Not apologize just be the one to speak first."

I stared at this idiot in front of me and felt the need to hit him upside the head but I wasn't really one for violence. "Eddie?"

"Yeah?"

"Can you do me a favor?"

"What is it?"

"Get your head out of your stubborn ass and talk to her," I exclaimed before lowering my voice. "You depend on her to apologize for something she didn't even do. She's trying to be there for you and the frustration you feel towards the competition is what you're pushing onto her. You're causing the arguments but you're making her come to you when you're pushing her away? Does that even make logical sense?"

He rubbed a hand under his eye. "I guess not. I don't-I don't even know why I keep being so hard on her. It's not like she deserves it."

"Um...I think it's because we're always the hardest on people we're close to. Of course she doesn't deserve that but please explain that to her. Now, please. Call her."

He pulled his phone out of his pocket and stared down at it. I rolled my eyes, grabbing it out of his hand and pulling out Mary Anne's number, shoving it back towards his face. "If you want to be with the girl you love call her and stop playing around."

He held the phone up to his ear and started the conversation and I got up to give him some privacy.

Not even knowing why I did this, I moved to sit next to Isaac who had his headphones on. When he noticed me, he took them off, staring at me with confusion

It made sense. We didn't really speak outside of dance since Lucas and I got together and for some reason my body decided to sit right beside him.

"Sydney."