Chapter Fifty-Eight: Given Me A Fungus Infection.

Dedicated to @reading1131 for the covers above and below! Thank you💕💕

Chapter Fifty-Eight: "Given Me A Fungus Infection."

"HOW DO I look?" Octavia turned around in a full circle and I smiled at her.

"You look stunning."

I watched her lean over my shoulder, grabbing the dark lipstick and applying it to her lips. The dark purple lipstick matched her dress and the gold of her jewelry and shoes made her look like a goddess and I was certain she knew it. "Zen better think so."

"I didn't think you were going through this much to impress Zen." I said to her, turning my head to look at her curiously.

"Impress Zen?" She patted my shoulders before fixing my straightened hair that was curled at the bottom. "Honey, I'm impressing myself. All I would have to do to impress Zen is to suddenly speak like a computer."

"That's true." Mary Anne said, putting on her earrings.

"What time do you have to be home Syd?" Sarah asked, her fingers flying on her phone.

"Earlier than all of you, that's for sure." I answered, checking my phone.

"Wait, wait, wait, does that mean you can't make it to the after-prom party?"

"Who's throwing that? Joey?" Octavia asked.

"No, which is stupid because everyone knows his party would have been the best but it's some other guy," Mary Anne answered, turning to face us. "Mark, I think? Is that his name?"

"High art guy?" I questioned.

Sarah let out a little laugh. "Oh him. Yeah, that's his name. And apparently Joey didn't throw a party because of his siblings?"

Sarah looked at me and I scoffed. "It wasn't his siblings. His entire family is back from university and college now and his parents flat out said no."

"Really?"

I nodded. "Believe it or not, people who are wealthy can actually say no to throwing parties and spending guys."

"Shut up," Octavia rolled her eyes at me. "We get it. Your sarcasm is not appreciated to make me feel stupid."

"I'd say something rude about that but let me not say anything at all."

"Good answer," Octavia smiled, grabbing her phone. "We want pictures. We need pictures. Correction: I need pictures. Hurry up."

That was when we all heard the scream coming from Sarah. Our eyes zoned in on her distressed manner and Mary Anne bent down to quickly pick up her necklace before we rushed over to her. "What happened?"

She held out her phone to us and we looked down at the social media at a girl in our grade, taking a mirror pic with two other girls. "What's the problem here?" Octavia asked.