Chapter Fifty-Seven: Evil Robot Cyborg.

Dedicated to @Karismatic101 for the cover at the top! Thank you💞

IT'S BEEN SO LONGG GUYS. BLAME SCHOOL AND STRESS. BYE.

Chapter Fifty-Seven: "Evil Robot Cyborg."

"YOU LOOK SERIOUSLY-"

"Tanned?" I stopped Octavia with my hand, fixing my backpack on my shoulders as we continued walking along the sidewalk. She wore designer glasses and these shoes that went along with her casual outfit for the hot spring day. I, on the other hand didn't give a rat's ass about my clothes today because the stress was weighing upon me but I managed to throw on a crop top and sweatpants.

"I was going to say darker but yes. It is obvious that you've gotten a lot of sun. Although, Eduardo is so much worse." She commented, putting her phone back in her pocket and hooking her arm with mine.

"I know right?" I agreed as we walked inside the café where I could see the school not even a distance away.

Almost two weeks ago, we had won Worlds, a first for Hamilton Academy of the Arts in many years. It was exhilarating and although the entire moment depended on Matilda, she excited her solo perfectly. Not just perfectly but it had been obvious that she did her absolute best.

As for the Elite team, I know that a lot of us have big futures in dance. Isaac was going to be going on tour with a company. Ravi was going to a dance school along with Eduardo. I haven't asked Matilda what she was going to be doing but I did see her talking with someone after she had finished her performance. She handed a card so I figured big things were going her way. And she deserved it. She definitely did.

And that huge trophy had its own honor when you would step inside the Academy school. It was in a glass case in the center of the corridor where Ravi would pose with it a million times for a picture like he hadn't done so when we got it.

And the victory, the win was outstanding to hear because as a team that clearly had its own ups and downs and drama that I hadn't even heard until after we won, we had strived together to win something that represented a community of artists.

And it was safe to say that I would miss that team.

We had barely stepped inside when I could see Jane waving her hands to get our attention. Octavia and I glanced at each other before walking over to their direction, laughs ringing through the air.

The buzz of conversation and the scent of coffee was the first thing that would hit you but sooner or later it would all be familiar. So familiar that one day you'll smell coffee beans and think of this place. I took a deep breath, not sure if I wanted to be ready to experience that nostalgic feeling one day. I broke out of my own thoughts, moving along to where some of my friends were.

Devin was casually sipping on his drink, earphones dangling over his ears. I dropped my backpack on the table they were occupying taking a seat next to Lucas and dropping my Chemistry textbook.

Jane stared at me. "Well, Sydney, you look stressed."

I almost glared at her. Stressed was not even the exact word I could use to comprehend how I was feeling. "Stressed? Yes. Yes Jane, I am stressed because the last thing I want to be doing on my day off from dance. The one day I have off from dance is spent studying for stupid exams. I'm tired."

Lucas pulled my chair closer to his, putting his arm around it. "Relax." He whispered into my ear like that was supposed to relax me.

I caught the scent of his Juicy Fruit gum and took his hat off his head, feeling his hair when I responded. "In case you haven't noticed by all the time we've spent together-I don't exactly follow your orders."