Chapter Eight: Like A Three Year Old Girl.

Chapter Eight: "Like A Three Year Old Girl."

"YOU ARE INSUFFERABLE." Kim all but yelled at Zen.

"Get out of my face," He walked backwards onto the grass but Kim kept coming closer. "I can't deal with you anymore."

"You've been saying that for years." She almost screamed. By now they were attracting a crowd and some had taken their phones out to record what was happening.

"Yet for some reason I keep staying by your side."

"If you keep doing this than how about you get away from me?" 

"Get away? I've been that guy always by your side since day one. Why don't you find out the reason why you're always staying with me even though I'm a wreck?" Zen harshly whispered the last words out, rubbing a hand down his face.

"I know the reason why I stay with you." Kim's face had turned red and it looked like she was crying from my view.

"Why? What's the damn reason and it better be a goo-"

"I LOVE YOU OKAY?"

Zen's face morphed into disbelief. "What?" He whispered.

Kim broke down, blinking rapidly. "I love you. God why was that so hard to say?"

Zen walked over to her, cupping her face. "You think I don't love you? You think I watch you every day and I don't think why I would ever think this girl would love me. Me? I don't deserve love and I definitely don't deserve to hear that you love me back."

"But-"

"But nothing." Zen whispered in the quiet courtyard.

There was a moment of silence as he leaned in to kiss her and my eyes widened. No way.

Then Kim pushed him away laughing. Octavia stood up and clapped frantically. "That was amazing."

Everyone in the quad joined in the clapping before it quickly dissipated and Kim and Zen returned to our table. They made up. I don't know how but they had returned to our table a couple days ago back to their normal brother sister kind of friendship although he wasn't at school yesterday on the 11th. Eduardo and Zen weren't exactly on the best terms again but they were working on it.

"Okay Kim you should definitely switch from singing to drama that was amazing." Octavia said sitting down.

"And Zen you should go into acting." Mary Anne suggested.

Zen took a deep breath and shook his head. "That's not for me besides it was only for Improv class and I hate writing scripts. I am never doing this again."

"Wait so if Kim does singing, Mary Anne and Octavia are part of the drama department, Eduardo does dance and Sarah does art...Zen do you play an instrument?"

He rested his head on the table and shook it at the same time, gesturing to Sarah. Sarah glanced at me over her glasses. "So, here at Hamilton Academy of the Arts you would expect everyone to be a member at the arts. But no. There's a special program and Zen is part of it."

"What is it?"

"You see the people that control the lighting, the sound effects and that technical stuff of any performance? That's what Zen does."

Zen closed his eyes on the table. "It's a pretty sick job but Octavia will forever be calling me the ultimate nerd because of it."

"Because you are." She said with a grin.

I looked around the courtyard when I realized something. "Where's Lucas?"

She looked at me puzzled. "Cahill? Twin?" I nodded and she smirked. "He doesn't exactly eat out here but I'm pretty sure you'll find him in one of the art rooms on the East wing, near your locker maybe. Why?"