Chapter Fifty: Call Him Daddy.

Dedicated to @banana_in_the_hoop for the beautiful cover at the top! Thank you💖

This update is long because I haven't updated in what feels like a long time : )

Chapter Fifty: "Call Him Daddy."

"SYDNEY, SYDNEY, SYDNEY!." Jane grinned at me as she came running down the hall. She blasted right past two people who were talking, ending up in one of them pressing themselves against a locker as she made her way.

My eyes widened as she tried slowing to a stop but almost crashed into me. I stopped her, holding her steady by the shoulders. "What? What happened?"

"Since Lucas isn't here, I figured you'd be the one I tell everything to."

I exchanged a glanced with an amused Mary Anne who casually looked down at her phone. "Um...okay?"

"So, you remember the girl I'm interested in?"

I nodded. "Yeah, you mean-"

"Wait," Mary Anne looked at Jane in confusion. "You're..."

"A lesbian?  Jane nodded. "I don't really give myself a label but yeah. You didn't know?"

"No," Mary Anne admitted.

Jane shrugged. "It's not really a big deal and it's not like anyone really asks. Like what are they going to do? Walk up to me and ask, 'do you like girls?'. I'm the one who asks the questions. In case you haven't noticed, I am really talkative."

"You don't say." I murmured. Yeah, Jane was talkative but I think it was one of her most endearing traits.

"Anyway!" Jane glared at me before continuing. "So, guess what happened between me and her?"

I could already see Mary Anne about to ask 'what' but I stopped her with a hand on her arm, remembering the same words Lucas had told me months ago. "Don't bother. She'll explain-"

"So, you know how me and her almost got suspended? Because of the fight over the pencil and everything?"

"Why would you fight over a pencil?" I could hear Mary Anne ask quietly in confusion.

"Well, she texted me last night- I'm not even sure how the fuck she got my number but thank you to whoever-and she started saying sorry about how she shouldn't have taken the pencil when I kept telling her not to. And I was like 'it's okay, it doesn't really matter' and then she was like 'oh but it I could see much the pencil meant to you-"

"It's a pencil." Mary Anne deadpanned and held in laughter at her tone. I'm happy it wasn't just me who found the fight stupid. 

Jane, once again, ignored her. "And I shouldn't have used it'. Then she was apologizing and shit and I'm thinking to myself 'yes Jane, you got her right where you want her. She's going to be yours one day. No more fights.'" She was nodding and pointing vigorously, almost as if she was telling us and telling herself the game plan. 

"No more fights over a pencil." I pointed out.

"Then we ended up getting into a fight over this show about our favorite characters and we talked for so long. It was all just-" Jane stopped and let out a little excited scream, my eyes widening at the tiny outburst.

"I'm guessing you like her even more." I said, smiling at how excited my friend was. 

"Way more. By the way, I miss Lucas. Usually when I rant to him he doesn't interrupt but you guys will learn."

"Where is Lucas... and Joey Cahill? I haven't either of them now that I think about it. Usually I see Lucas with you in the morning and Joey outside with the other fuckboys in the music department." Mary Anne ended that sentence with a smile and I couldn't help but laugh.