Chapter 1~ How Stupid Us Girls Are

So if you read the summary, you know I'm just a basic fifteen year old girl name Kelsey like whatever, who cares, and who even reads summaries anymore? Anyways, one month ago was the first day of school, which is when I met who I thought was the love of my life. His name is James, by the way. Today is my birthday. In one month, I have become heartbroken, homeless, and broken. This is my story.

ONE MONTH AGO

Everyone is always scared on their first day of school, but the first day of high school is a million times worse. I mean, new school, tons of more people, hours of homework, and harder classes. I walked in and immediately just went to find my friends.

"Dang girl, look who's got a tan," my best friend, Cora, says. Cora moved here last year all the way from New York. She always talks about how she misses the restless city. Cora has super curly, thick, light brown hair and gorgeously tan skin. She has the lightest blue eyes you will ever naturally see, and probably the skinniest fingers too. She is totally obsessed with painting, drawing, sketching, photography, and just basically anything artistic, except preforming arts. Thats my friend, Thalia's thing.

Thalia and I have been best friends since we were born basically. Our moms were forced to have their labor in the same room, and then they almost switched us up! I'd say that is a pretty big bonding experience, well, I honestly don't know, but you know what I mean.

Thalia and I both have dark brown eyes, dirty blonde hair, and olive skin. The main difference is she looks anorexic, and I don't. Thalia has been in every school play, and like a ton of ones outside of school too. She's always the lead, and if she wasn't, watch out for Hurricane Thalia.

We all are accidentally, awkwardly matching with light blue jean shorts and the same orange v neck. It's actually kind of creepy.

"You know me, I go to the beach, like, everyday," I state.

"Thalia still looks white as ever," Cora whispers.

"You try being the lead in two big plays, it is not an outdoor thing!" Thalia states, and Cora laughs.

"I'm kidding, it's not like I ever go outside either," Cora replies.

"So what are your guys schedule?" I ask.

"French, Language Arts, Science, Study Hall, Math, Lunch, Band, and then my preforming arts class," Thalia replies.

"Painting, Math, Science, Drawing, Lunch, Sculpture, Spanish, English, how about you?" Cora says.

"Gym, Language arts, Science, Math, lunch, German, English, and that journalist class that somehow counts as an art credit. Thank God we don't have to take social studies this year, I nearly failed it last time," I reply. Before we can celebrate what classes we have together, the bell rings, we all scurry to class.

~~~~~

The rest of the day is your typical first day. Everyone gets lost. Everyone shows up the wrong class once. Anyways, after school we had this mandatory meeting where the seniors tell the freshmen some of their stories about high school.

Thats where I saw him for the first time. He had curly, dark brown hair. He had gorgeous hazel eyes. His name was James, well I mean it still is, but anyways, I saw him walk across the stage and we made eye contact. Girls are kind of silly that way. A boy looks at them and they squeal. Oh, how stupid us girls are.

He talked about how he started a club at the school two years ago. It is still a small club but it went from three to ten members so he's fine with that. He also does key club and lots of other leadership things. He just seems so comfortable with being in charge and talking to people.

Anyways, after the thing all I wanted to do was see him. So I found him, and man was that a stupid idea.

"Hi," I say as I walk up to him.

"Hi, whats your name?" He asks.

"Kelsey, how about you?" I reply. I already knew his name because they introduced the seniors there, but whatever.

"James," he says.

James looked like an old friend to me. It was almost like we had met before and had just lost contact, but I felt comfortable around him.

"So I liked your story. I think it's cool that you started a club about raising awareness about important topics, what is it called again?" I ask.

"The raising awareness club," He answers, and we both giggle.

"Well, I have to get going, but I'll see you around, and maybe I'll check out your club," I say.

"We meet tomorrow actually after school. I could give you a ride home if needed," he replies. Wow, I could be a serial killer, a drug dealer, a stalker, or some creepy other thing and he offered me a ride home.

"Well, I'll check, but I'm sure it'll be fine, so see you tomorrow," I say, and then leave.

On the way home I can't help but smile as I stare out the window and just think. He was nice, and like no one I had met before. I always assumed upperclassmen were just scary creeps wanting to kill freshmen, but I guess not.

That night, when I went to bed, there was one question on my mind and it was

Do I like James?