Chapter 14~ Louder and Louder

Later that day, Kyle comes over to hang out for a bit. One thing I notice when he shows up is he just brings himself, no flowers, no cookies, just him. Oh my God, am I seriously comparing them right now?

"Pretty flowers," he says as he walks into the kitchen.

"Thanks," I reply, and blush a little. I was mentally debating whether or not to tell him what happened with James. I was also trying to figure or not whether I should ask him why he didn't deny it. What if he isn't just thinking that his friend wouldn't believe him?

"Do you want to watch a movie or something?" He asks as he stands awkwardly in the middle of the kitchen.

"Um sure, follow me," I answer. God, why am I acting so weird? I had never been like this with James. Right as I think that I want to slap myself. First of all, I need to stop comparing them. Second of all, I need to remember that Kyle and I still haven't known each other that long.

We walk to the living room together. He sits on the couch while I sit on a big recliner. He awkwardly has his right leg crossed over his left leg.

"What kind of movies do you like?" I ask as I grab the remote and turn on the TV.

"I like a lot of sport movies," he answers, and I want to groan. Those are the worst.

"I like comedies so hopefully we can find a mix?" I reply. We search through netflix and eventually we find something. Once the movie ends, I hear a car roll in the driveway.

"Who's that?" Kyle asks, and I freak out a little. Oh my god, what if James came back? I walk over to the front door and look out the peep hole. My heart starts pounding louder and louder as the car doors swing open, but then I see Tommy. I take a deep breath, and relax a little.

"Oh it's just my brother," I state, and open the front door to let him in.

"Is James here?" Tommy asks right as he walks in.

"Um, no, Kyle's here," I answer.

"What? Who's Kyle?" He questions as he takes off his coat and hangs it up.

"A friend from school," I reply, and Tommy rolls his eyes.

"When he leaves, give me the scoop," Tommy says as he walks upstairs.

"Sorry about that," I say as I walk back.

"Hey so I have to head out, my mom just texted me, but call me later, alright?" He states as he stands up.

"Oh okay," I reply. I walk over to him and give him a hug, I can feel his whole body tense up, so I let him go.

"Have a good night," he states and then leaves. I lock the front door behind him. God, that was so weird and awkward and uncomfortable. I walk upstairs to talk to Tommy, and I explain everything.

"Take him back," he says right after I finish explaining.

"What?" I ask.

"Kelsey, he wasn't trying to kill you! He was trying to profess his love, and you dump him?!" He yells.

"Well, it does sound pretty dumb as you say it now," I mumble.

"Kelsey, he just over exaggerated everything. I was spying on you and Kyle as he left, and he is so weird. Ugh, if you date him, I will cut your hair in your sleep," he says and I laugh.

"Now go call James," he adds, and I pull out my phone and call him.

"Heeeeeeyyyyy girl what up?" James says, and right away I know he's drunk, or high, or both.

"James?" I reply.

"Heey Kels, I knew you'd call," he states and laughs.

"Where are you?" I ask.

"Just at my buddy's house and man it is LIT!" He yells and I hear everyone cheer in the background.

"I'm coming, text me the address," I say.

"No girl it too crazy fo' you," he says, and sounds a little bit more serious this time.

"If I can handle you, I can handle the party, now text me the address," I reply, and then hang up.

"That sounds like a bad idea," Tommy says as I hang up. I jump a little because I forget he's there.

"Well I need to talk to him," I reply and my phone dings. The address he sent me is only like a block or two away.

"Tell Dad that I'm asleep and not to bug me, okay?" I say as I stand up.

"Kelsey just wait until he's not drunk," Tommy replies, and grabs my wrist.

"Please let me go," I beg and he lets go.

~~~~~

About fifteen minutes later, I arrive at the party. It doesn't seem too loud from outside.

"I'm not THAT drunk!" Some blonde girl yells as she practically falls over.

"I didn't think that my nose would start bleeding!" Another blonde girl yells as the both walk to the same car.

"Are you guys okay?" I ask, and they both slowly turn around and look at me.

"Yeah man, hey aren't you the freshman dating James? Wow, you got lucky, he's hot!" The first blonde girl yells as she trips into her car.

"Maybe you should sober up a bit, both of you, here, follow me," I say as I walk over to them. I grab both of their hands, walk inside, and work my way upstairs. I find the nearest empty bedroom and help both of them lie down on the bed. They both instantly crash, and I cover them each with a quilt, and then shut the door.

"There you are," James says, as he trips over his left foot as he walks up to me. He spills what I think is beer on my dark blue shirt.

"At least it's not a white shirt," I mumble as I swing his arm over my shoulder. We walk to the next nearest bedroom, and I lay him down on the bed. I go to walk out of the room, but he calls me back.

"Don't leave me," he mutters, and I walk back over to him. I stiffly sit on the side of the bed, and swing my legs on the bed.

"Lay down, I won't hurt you," he whispers, I do as he says, and I relax a bit. I slowly move my hand towards his and then he grabs my hand and holds it tightly.

"I'm so sorry, princess," he mutters, and I take a deep breath. I need to stay strong. I know Tommy was right that I should take him back, but I just can't like this.

"Let's talk about this later," I mumble, and he doesn't reply. I look over and see he has fallen asleep. I lay my head on his shoulder, and fall asleep not too long later.

~~~~~

A few hours later, I wake up and we are both still in the same position. I roll over and look at the clock to see that it is 6 am. Shoot. I quickly get up and walk out of the room. I run outside and home. When I walk inside, no one is awake so I quietly sneak up to my room, and crawl into bed.

Three hours later, I wake up again. I head downstairs to make some breakfast, and see a note with my name on it on the counter.

Kels,

I hope you were good last night. Please let me know when you go out from now on.

Dad

I blush a little, and then go make myself something to eat. Thirty minutes later, I hear a knock at the door. I get up, and walk over to the door. Yet again I don't think before I open it.