Chapter 5- The Co- President

The next day I am feeling better than ever. I have a great day at school, but once we get to eighth period, something freaks me out.

"Hello, this is Mr. Small, your principal, speaking. We have a student who would like to remind you about his club tonight," Mr. Small states.

"Everyone be quiet! This is a great example of thinking of how to get involved!" My teacher, Miss Patty says, and we all roll our eyes.

"Uh, hi, my name's James. I'm the president of the Raising Awareness club. We had a meeting last Tuesday, but if you missed it, you can still come to the meeting. If you have any questions, see me or Kelsey Lynn, the co-president," James states, and those last words ring in my ear.

Kelsey Lynn, the co-president.

After class, I immediately find James and pull him into the Janitor's closest.

"You're even cuter when you're mad, but what did I do?" He asks.

"I'm the co-president? Really? I was going to quit your stupid club!" I yell.

"Why? Because you can't handle seeing me?" James questions and smirks at me. He grabs my hands and tries to put them over my head, but I yank them away.

"Stop! Just leave me alone!" I scream, then I leave the closest, and I run away to the bus.

~~~~~~

The next day, before first period, this girl with silky red hair, tons of freckles, and green eyes walks up to me. She is wearing a tight, black shirt with ripped jean shorts.

"Hi," she says, and smiles at me.

"Uhh, hi?" I reply.

"My name's Lily. I wanted to talk to you about the Raising Awareness club. You're Kelsey, right?" She asks.

"Um, yeah, but I stepped down from my position so if you have a question please go ask Natalia," I explain, and try to walk away.

"Wait!" She yells and walks over to me.

"Aren't you the one who is dating James?" She asks.

"No," I mumble.

"Well, I'm surprised, he talks about you all the time," she replies. Lily walks away and I can't help but smile.

~~~~
When I walk by James today, I smile at him. He looks confused, but he smiles back. After 8th period, he waits for me in the hall.

"What?" I ask, walking into the hallway.

"You smiled at me, why?" He questions as he follows me to my locker.

"Because Lily talked to me and said some nice stuff," I answer.

"Lily, oh my. My little sister talked to you?" He replies.

"She's your sister?" I ask.

"Yeah, ugh, that little brat," he growls.

"No, she's sweet," I reply as I stop at my locker and open it.

"You would never think that we were related because she dyed her hair and wears different color contacts," he explains.

"Well, that explains a lot," I state, and we both laugh. Then for a second, we both stare at each other, then he cups my cheek, and begins to lean forward.

"James!" Someone yells.

It's Natalia. 

"Natalia, what do you want?" He growls. He moves his hand away from my face, and moves toward Natalia.