Chapter 34- Pucker Up, Buttercup

There was James. He was carrying two large pizzas that smelled amazing, and had the biggest smile on his face. I had totally forgotten about the time and didn't even remember I had invited James over, well now I did.

"Who's at the door?" Kyle asks.

"What is he doing here?" James snaps and his smile drops.

"We were hanging out and I lost track of time," I say to James, and then walk over to the living room.

"I had forgotten that I invited James to hang out, I'm so sorry," I state.

"So, basically you're kicking me out?" He asks.

"No! Well, kind of, ugh, I'm sorry," I answer.

"It's okay, just one kiss goodbye?" He asks and I nod my head.

When he said one kiss, I thought meant a peck, but he kissed me like he was never going to again. Kyle pulls away and walks away, I turn around to watch him leave and see James was watching us the whole time. Kyle walks right past James without saying a word. I walk over to James and lock the door.

"Let's talk in the kitchen, I'm starving," I say and James follows me.

"Only I should get to kiss you like that," James snaps.

"Well, you're not my boyfriend," I state.

"Neither is he!" James argues.

"Look, I don't know how I feel right now so please just let me be able to figure it out," I reply.

"Fine, but I'm doing everything to win back my baby," he says, and still has an angry look on his face.

"You're cute when you're angry," I reply and giggle.

"Let's eat," he says. Neither of us bother getting plates, we just both grab a pizza box and dig in. Almost fifteen minutes later, both of us have finished a large pizza, and I feel more bloated then ever.

"You're cute even when you're bloated," I state, looking at his food baby. I walk over to him, kiss his cheek, and grab the pizza boxes to toss into the recycling.

"Wow, he got a full on kiss and I get just on the cheek? Wow," he says and I laugh.

"You have to earn it," I reply and he runs over to me, wraps his arms around my waist, and picks me up.

"Put me down! Put me down!" I scream and laugh.

"Not unless you promise to kiss me," he replies and I keep giggling.

"Fine!" I yell and he puts me down.

"Pucker up, buttercup," I say, he leans in and closes his eyes and I lean in. Instead of kissing him though, I lick the side of his face.

"Hey! That's not a kiss!" He states and I run away.

"Got you!" I scream and hide in the living room. I hide as best as I can behind the couch.

"I'm coming for you," he says, as he walks into the room, I try not to giggle but it sneaks out.

"I hear you!" He yells and I start laughing even harder. He finds me behind the couch and drags me to the middle of the living room. He lays on top of me but uses his arms to hold his upper body above me. We are both laughing so hard and he pins my arms up above my head.

"Now you can't push me away," James whispers and kisses me softly.

"Fine you win!" I reply as he pulls away.

"What if I want another?" He asks and I shake my head no but he kisses me anyway.

"And another?" He asks again, I shake my head no, and he kisses me again. He does this about ten more times and then gets off me.

"You're so cute, you know that right?" He says as he lays down next to me.

"Not as cute as you," I reply and look over at him. He kisses me again and this time it hits me. I don't know why it hadn't hit me before, but now I for sure know James is the one I want to be with forever.

"It's you," I whisper and he looks confused.

"Well, of course it is," he says.

"I mean like, you're the one. I don't want anyone else," I reply and I kiss him again.

"Kelsey, are you sure?" He asks.

"Yes, and I thought you'd be happier," I answer.

"I'm happy just I don't know," he mutters and sits up.

"What is it?" I ask and sit up as well.

"Just I am leaving, babe. In two months, schools out. We'll have all summer and then it's college. I want to be with you through college but it'll be rough, and I don't want to put you through that. I want to be with you but as I think about it more and more, maybe we're not meant to be," James explains and I can see the hurt in his eyes, but that doesn't make me less angry.

I finally made up my mind and chose him and now I'm getting rejected?

"I say we can try it as long as we're both aware this may not last forever," he adds and I look away from him. I can't stand to look at his face. How could he do this? Why wouldn't he have told me before? I asked him to fight for me and now he's wimping out.

"Kelsey," he tries to touch my shoulder but I move away from him.

"Go home, I don't want to see you anymore," I say.

"See me anymore as in right now or forever?" He questions and his voice cracks.

"I don't know, just leave," I answer but I don't hear him move.

"Go! Go away!" I scream and I still don't look at him. He doesn't move though, so I look around and he's just staring down at his feet.

"Let me be alone," I state and he looks up.

"I'm not letting you go again," he replies and then walks over to me. He wraps his arms around me and I lose it. Tears shoot out of my eyes and it's so hard not to soak his shirt.

Why can't my life ever just be easy?