Chapter 9~ Stay Away From You

Thalia was sitting on her porch with Natalia. They both had white mugs in their hands. They laughed about something Natalia said. I quickly left before they saw me, and tears filled my eyes.

Thalia and I had been friends basically forever, and we had our fair share of fights. Most of our fights are just little things. In the past fourteen years, we have only had two big fights. The first one was when we were ten. There was this boy we both liked, but he liked me, so until she got him to get over me, she wouldn't talk to me. We may have been young, but it took him awhile, and as soon as he didn't like me anymore, Thalia realized what she did was dumb and she was sorry.

Then, two years later, Thalia ditched me at our first boy-girl party. While I was sitting alone in the bathroom, she was playing truth or dare with the twenty other people there. I ended up calling my mom and leaving early. The next day, she came over and we started screaming at each other. She was mad that I didn't tell her I left and I was mad that she ditched me. When I hadn't been able to find her at the party I was so embarrassed, and eventually I had and she just totally ignored me and acted like she didn't even know me, so why would I have tried to tell her I was going to leave?

Anyways, we got over it. We missed each other too much, and it was it sort of dumb. 

As I walked back to the bus stop, I texted James.

Me- James?

James(:- what do you want?

Me- well never mind then....

James(:- no. what is it.

Me- if you're just going to be pissed at me I don't want to talk to you.

James(:- I'm just busy okay?

Me- fine, maybe it's better I just stay away from you then

He didn't reply, so I just texted Cora.

Me- hey

Cora- hey, what's up

Me- not much, just saw Thalia and Natalia together, god I just realized how much their names sound alike

Cora- what??? and lol

Me- I was going to go fix things with Thalia but I saw them on her porch... I don't know what to do and James and I just had a fight

Cora- can I be honest sweetie?

Me- yeah, always

Cora- I think that Natalia is just jealous... and maybe Thalia doesn't realize that's what is going on. I think James is the problem... and normally I would say that just ignore Natalia and Thalia but I mean you and James aren't even getting along and I mean what you did last night was crazy and illegal. Maybe you need a break from James to sort through your thoughts and think if your priorities are straight.

Me- Wow. And here I thought you supported me

Cora- I do, I promise I do, just I don't know... I want you to be happy and I feel like he's the cause of all your drama

Me- No! His crazy ex and our crazy best friend are the problem!

Cora- you know what? Whatever. I tried to be on your side but that's not happening anymore. Talk to me when you're done with James.

I was in shock. Now, I'm in three fights and in a war. Maybe they're right, and I start to believe that when all of a sudden, James texts me.

James(:- I'm sorry babe... I'm just stressed and I didn't mean to take it out on you... Let me make it up to you?