Chapter 10- Be Aware

After we all ate cake, my mom and Tommy went back upstairs. James and I went to the living room, watched American Horror Story, and cuddled until he had to leave. I went to bed right after he left because I was already half asleep.

In the morning, I checked my phone, and I saw I had a couple texts from him.

James(:- Hey beautiful

James(:- Good morning, I had so much fun last night

James(:- Want to hang out today?

Before I could reply, I thought about what my mom said. Were we spending too much time together? I couldn't figure out how I felt so I just left my phone in my room and went downstairs to make some breakfast.

"Hey honey," my mom says.

"Is dad still asleep?" I ask as I walk into the kitchen.

"No, he's at the gym," she answered.

"Oh, he never usually goes on Saturdays," I reply.

"He said he was stressed about work," she says.

"Are you guys still going out tonight?" I question.

"Yes, why? Did you want to have James over?" my mom answers.

"I don't know, maybe," I mutter.

"What about Cora? Or Thalia?" She asks.

"I'm not really on speaking terms with them right now," I mumble.

"I know, I read your texts," she states.

"What?"

"Anyways, do you want to have James over? I just need to know so I can tell Tommy."

"Mom, you said you think we're spending too much time together though."

"Honey, I didn't realize how serious he was about you till last night, so it's fine, just be good," she states, then kisses my forehead, and walks upstairs.

"Tommy you can have a friend over! Just talk to your sister!" My mom yells upstairs, and then Tommy runs downstairs.

"I have a question," he says as he walks in the kitchen.

"What is it?"

"Can I invite a girl over?"

"What?"

"Well, I kind of like her, and I want to ask her out because she has the huge crush on me. So I want to do something nice for her and make it special. Could you invite James over, and you guys could help me?" He asks.

"Aw! Yes of course, but for now go shower, you smell like a pig," I groan, and he runs back upstairs. I go to my room and call James.

"Hey," he says.

"Hey, so my brother needs our help."

"With what?"

"With a girl he likes, he wants to ask her out, and make it special."

"Wow, what a gentlemen. I don't remember any guy being like that. Of course, I will, what time do you want me to come over?"

"Hold on, let me ask," I state. I walk over to Tommy's room and knock on the door.

"I'm about to shower, what is it?" He asks.

"What time should James come over?" I question.

"Like 3, I was going to have Penny come over at 4," he replies.

"He said like 3," I tell James.

"Okay, perfect, see you then," he replies, and then I hang up.

I go eat and shower then pick out my outfit. I always like looking nice for James, but I am feeling really lazy today so I put on a loose, cream crop top with some grey joggers. My hair still looks nice from last night, so I just leave it. Then, I put on foundation, mascara, and some lip gloss. I look casual, but not lazy, so I just go with it. By the time I'm done with all of that, it's noon. I still have a couple hours, so I head out for a walk.