Chapter 7- All Doubts Fade

I was so frustrated with James. That night, he kept texting me but I ignored them. I really wanted to trust him with this, but I just couldn't.

When I arrived at school Tuesday, he walked up to me as soon as I got to my locker.

"Why won't you text me back?" He asks.

"Sorry, lots of homework last night," I answer.

"I know you're lying, now really, what is it?" He questions.

"It's nothing, just wasn't in the mood, now if you'd excuse me, I need to get to class," I reply. He tries to stop me but I got past him.

~~~~~~

At lunch, he finds me and tries again.

"Kelsey, tell me what's wrong, now," he states.

"So, Cora, do you think that test tomorrow will be hard?" I ask her, trying to ignore James.

"Um, I don't know," she answers.

"Is that the boy?" She whispers in my ear, and I nod my head.

"Kelsey, please, if this is about Nata-" he begins to say, but then I glare at him.

"It is, isn't it? Why?" He asks.

"Cora, I'll be right back," I state, stand up, and then I drag him out of the cafeteria.

"Because she is the rudest person I have ever met! That's why!" I yell.

"Babe, calm down," he whispers.

"Don't babe me!" I yell, a little quieter than before.

"I'm sorry, just I don't know what else to do," he mumbles.

"Why don't you kick her out?" I snap.

"Oh my God, that's a really good idea," he states.

"Hey J-boo!" Natalia yells as she walks closer to us.

"Perfect timing," he mumbles.

"Natalia, I have some bad news," he mumbles.

"Oh, what is it? Does Kary have to quit?" She asks, and I don't even bother to correct my name.

"No, you're kicked out, sorry, the capacity is getting too big, and you didn't even show up to the meeting this morning so I figured you didn't care," He answers.

Man, he was good.

"Meeting? What meeting? No one told me about a meeting!" She yells.

"If your an officer and you can't even bother to show up to a meeting it must not be important, someone else will take your place. You are now banned from the club, if you show up to a meeting you will be suspended," James explains.

"No! No! No! I will change this!" Natalia screams and then runs.

"Thank you," I mumble, and then hug him. As I relax in his arms, I feel safe, and happy.

~~~~~

That night, Cora and Thalia come over and I fill them in on what's happening.