Chapter 2- You Have A Boyfriend?

The day of the meeting, I brought up the club meeting at breakfast.

"So, yesterday at the meeting after school, they were talking about some clubs, and there was this club I wanted to join that meets tomorrow. Cora was thinking about coming so I think she can give me a ride home," I state.

"Sounds great, but what's the club?" Mom asks.

"The raising awareness club," I answer.

"What a stupid name," my thirteen year old brother, Tommy, says.

"Tommy, that's unacceptable, I think it's great she wants to already join a club. Make sure to tell Dad about it when he gets home tonight, I'm sure he will be very pleased!" Mom replies, and I smile as I finish my breakfast.

~~~~~~~~~~

The next day goes by slowly, maybe it's because I'm constantly staring at the clock. What a surprise that the clock doesn't move faster as you look at it.

Anyways, eventually it's the last period, and as I walk to Journalism, I see James in the hallway. He walks with great confidence as he comes closer to me, and a huge smile comes over him as he sees me. 

"So, will you be joining us tonight?" He asks. He turns around and walks with me even though we are going opposite ways, at least we were.

"Yes, I'm excited, can you still take me home?" I question.

"Yeah, no problem, the meeting today should be short so you'll be home by 3, just in case your mom or dad needed to know," he answers.

"Oh, thanks, and I could stay till whenever in case it goes over, it doesn't matter," I reply, and he smiles. I walk into class so he turns around and walks back to where he was going. Hopefully this class goes by quickly.

~~~~~~~~~

Of course the class goes by slow, but eventually it ends, and I almost run into a wall as I try to quickly leave the classroom. I look for James in the halls, and almost immediately find him.

"Hey, can you walk me to the meeting?" I ask.

"Sure, let me just stop at my locker," he answers. I follow him as he leads me to his locker. When we get to it, there is a girl with silver hair, dark brown eyes, and pale skin standing in front of it.

"Hey James! Want to walk me to the meeting? I'm so happy you asked me to join! We are going to have SO much fun!" The girl says. I look at her outfit and realize that there is no way he thinks I look better than her. I mean, I'm wearing boring, dark blue sweatpants and and grey v neck while see is wearing a white crop top and the cutest baby blue shorts I have ever seen.

"Natalia, you told me you hated me," he states as he opens up his locker.

"What! You're silly, who could hate you, babe?" She asks.

"Don't call me that, now I'll meet you in room 103, I am walking with Kelsey," he answers, and she groans as she walks away.

"Who's that?" I question.

"Oh, just a crazy ex-girlfriend," he says.

Then my whole perfect plan of how James and I are going to fall in love shatter. Now, we will fall in love but then he will cheat on me because he can't resist her anymore and he will apologize but it won't matter to me so I will let him go but all he'll do is start dating her!

After he grabs his jacket, we walk down the hall to room 103, and in that room are a couple people, including Natalia the psycho.

"Katie, was it?" She asks, walking up to me.