Chapter 20- Weak, Little Duckling

My mom drops off Tommy later that night.

"So? What happened?" I ask him as he walks in the door with a big grin on his face.

"I got a rebound! That Mexican girl, Maria, was so into me, and I need to get over Pe- I mean my ex girlfriend so I thought it is a win win, right?" Tommy explains and I want to smack him.

"Do you even like her at all?" I question and he laughs.

"Of course not, she's annoying and a brat. But I put 'taken' in my bio and 'Maria<3' so my ex girlfriend will be jealous and miss me so much that she wants to get back together!" Tommy answers and I roll my eyes.

"You do you, kid, but be careful," James says and Tommy nods his head, then runs upstairs.

"Oh that boy worries me," I state as I press play on the remote, and James just squeezes my hand.

~~~~~~

The week goes by and yet again it is filled with tests and quizzes. I open up to Cora and Thalia how James and I are back together and how Lindsay is a psycho preteen. They both accept the fact that James is apart of my life. Well, Thalia doesn't really say much, she just keeps asking us to leave during her lunch period to go get drunk, and of course, both of us say no.

On Friday, a few of James' friends wanted him to go to the Football game and said I could come with, but since it's not really my thing, I don't tag along. Plus, I'm seeing him tomorrow so I don't need to intrude on his time with his friends, but maybe I should have.

Cora comes over around 8 pm, she was spending some time with her family before hand. We watch Teen Wolf and The Vampire Diaries for a few hours until we both pass out. Around 4 am, I wake up because I hear my phone vibrating like crazy.

Tay(Thalia)- Guess your boy ain't perfect after all, let me know if you wanna smoke away the pain

Robert- Hey, so I know it's none of my business but maybe you and James need to talk...

Unknown- It's Lindsay, and I told you that if you were too clingy he would run away, now you see that I'm right

Unknown- Hey little girl, it's your favorite, Natalia, thanks for letting me borrow your boyfriend for part of the night. Your sis seemed to like him too.

What is going on? My heart begins pounding a million miles a minute. I see that Tay tagged me in a picture on Instagram and as soon as I see it I can't help but break down. James is laying on a bed with his right arm wrapped around Lindsay and his left arm wrapped around Natalia. Natalia is kissing his cheek, same with Lindsay, and James is just smiling in the middle. There is red lipstick kisses all over his face, and his lips even look a tinted red.

He cheated on me. I gave him another chance and this is what happens.

Cora wakes up and doesn't even ask why I'm bawling. She just wraps her arms around me and keeps telling me it's all going to be okay. About ten minutes later, I lay down and cry myself to sleep. As I am falling asleep, Cora is rubbing my back and is on her phone. I hear her saying stuff like "what a jerk," "how could he do this to you," "she's a little girl," "she's a brat," and so much more. The one thing I'm confused about is when she says "isn't that Tay's cousin?" I guess she was looking at someone else's Instagram and not just the one picture.

I wake up a few hours later and Cora is asleep. I go downstairs to the kitchen and make some coffee. Tommy is playing video games in the living room. So as my coffee is brewing, I go talk to him.

"Did you see the post?" I ask as I walk in the room, and he pauses his game.

"Lindsay's post?" He replies.