Chapter 21- Burnt Body And a Broken Heart

We all run outside after we grab our stuff and I call my mom. She picks us up in the next 5 minutes and drops Cora and Tay at Tay's house. When I get home, I run to my room, rip off the dress, shoes, and lashes. I lay on my bed, almost naked, and just cry. I end up falling asleep and when I wake up, I'm shivering. I look at the clock and see it's one am. I go and grab some pajamas from my closest, then I go take off the rest of my makeup that is not smeared on my bed.

I go downstairs and I make myself tea. As the water heats up, I check my phone to see it was blown up.

James- Baby

James- Talk to me

James- I love you

James- Please baby I love you

James- I don't know what I did

James- Call me, please

James- I'm sorry for whatever I did

Tay(Thalia)- hey sweetie, call me in the morning, I know what can calm you down

Cora- Love you so much honey I promise it'll be okay !!!

Robert- How was the hoco?

Kyle- Hey, text me, let's hang out

Natalia- I won, you lost, don't bother coming to school, all you'll see is my man and I walking the halls

I begin breaking down crying on the kitchen floor. I turn off the stove to make sure the water doesn't over flow, I don't want a burnt body and a broken heart.

Once I settle down, I call Kyle. I hadn't talked to him much since I had been seeing James a lot, but I did really miss him.

"Hello?" He says in a raspy voice.

"Hi um are you free?" I ask as I stand up and wipe my tears.

"It's one am," he states and I had totally forgotten.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have called," I mumble and I go to end the call but then I hear his voice.

"I'll be there soon," he replies and hangs up. About fifteen to twenty minutes later, as I'm sipping on my tea, I hear a soft knock at the door. I go open the door and let him in.

"What's wrong?" He asks as we walk to the kitchen table.

"Did you see the post?" I question in a soft voice.

"No I haven't been on social media in forever, I didn't want to see pictures of you and James," he answers and I blush.

"Um," I mutter as I pull up the picture and show it to him.

"Ew, oh god ew, and who's the kid?" He asks.

"My step sister, Lindsay, she and Natalia both posted it," I answer. I finish my tea as he just stares at the picture.

"C'mon," I state and he follows me upstairs. We both lay on the bed and I put my head on his shoulder. He wraps his right arm around me. Slowly, our hands creep towards each other until I just grab his hand.

"Goodnight," he whispers.

"Goodnight," I mumble, and we both fall asleep.

We both wake up around 9. We walk downstairs to go make breakfast. I start making pancakes when Tommy comes running down the stairs.

"Maria is coming over! Maria is coming over!" He yells.

"What time?" I ask.

"Noon! You got to help me get ready. Please, please, please!" He screams.

"I thought you didn't even like her," I reply as I look over at Kyle. I don't know if Tommy noticed he is here.

"I don't, but Penny has started creeping on my Instagram so it means it is working! I have to show her how much fun I am having with Maria. Your friend can help too," Tommy explains.

"Tommy, this is Kyle, Kyle, this is my brother Tommy," I state and Kyle smiles at Tommy.

"So, can you guys help?" Tommy asks.

"Sure, let Kyle and I eat then we will. Is that okay, Kyle?" I question.

"Yeah, I just have to leave around 11," Kyle answers and Tommy runs upstairs.

Kyle and I eat our pancakes and then go upstairs to help Tommy. He has just finished washing his hair and is now wearing some tan khakis and a baby blue t- shirt.

"Do you want me to blow dry your hair?" I ask and Tommy nods his head.

"Kyle, are you good at cooking?" Tommy asks as we walk to the bathroom.

"I only know vegan recipes, but I can figure something out," he states and I giggle.

"Okay cool!" Tommy replies. Kyle runs downstairs and I start blow drying Tommy's hair.

Fifteen minutes later, his hair is dried and styled. We go downstairs to see what Kyle thinks.

"Nice," he says as he stirs whatever is in the pot on the stove.

"What are you making?" I ask.

"Spaghetti, and then I was going to see if you wanted to cut up some fruit," he answers.

"Good idea," I reply, and go grab the fruit from the fridge. I grab pineapple, strawberry, grapes, and cantaloupe. As I begin cutting it up, Tommy makes some rainbow punch, which is just sherbet and 7 up. 

Twenty minutes later, everything is finished. It is now almost eleven, and Kyle has to get going.

"Let me know how everything goes," he says as he grabs his coat and keys.

"I will, thank you for helping out," I reply, and give him a hug. He kisses my cheek and then walks out the door. As Kyle walks out the door, my dad walks in.

"How was homecoming?" He asks as he walks in.

"Um, it was okay, what are you doing home?" I question as he sets down his briefcase.

"Just forgot some paperwork, who is the guy leaving?" He replies and begins walking toward the stairs.

"My friend, Kyle, he just came over for breakfast," I state and then he walks up the stairs.

"Kyle slept over, didn't he?" Tommy asks and I shush him.

"Are you and Kyle a thing?" He also asks.

"No, I don't feel that way about him, at all," I answer.

"I would normally say I don't believe you, but this time I do, he seems nice but not your type," Tommy replies and then goes upstairs to get some cologne.

I just hope Kyle doesn't think that way of me.

~~~~~~

While Tommy has his date, I watch The Vampire Diaries alone. Around 2, Tommy comes running upstairs.

"It went great!" He yells and jumps on my bed.

"Yes, Tommy, you can come in my room," I reply as I shut my laptop.

"Sorry, but I think Penny is totally jealous. She direct messaged me on Instagram and asked if we could talk!" He replies.

"That's great," I say, and look down at my lap.

"What's wrong?" He asks.

"Nothing," I lie and tears begin rolling down my cheeks.

"No, what is it? Is it James?" He asks, and I nod my head.

"I miss him," I mumble.

"Look, Kelsey, I wasn't suppose to tell you this but James texted me. You can read the conversation if you want," Tommy says and hands me his phone. I take it from him, and there's no going back now.