The Verse: Introduction

"Music was my refuge. I could crawl into the space between the notes and curl my back to loneliness."

― Maya Angelou

The Verse.

What is a verse?

... the focus of lyrical content.

... the narration of the lover's serenade.

... the first set of words you hear in your favorite song.

... the quote of life experience, the soul of the composition.

... the imagery of the melody's scenes.

... the phrases that touch your heart; the channel of emotions.

... the songwriter's message and dedication.

...it makes you think; it makes you understand; it makes you look back.

... it is the heartfelt tale of the singer.

... it is the humble beginning, and fills the missing bits and pieces in between.

Without the verse, what's the sense of a song?

The beginning of a love story.

Welcome to the first book of the Rockstar Serenade Trilogy.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Holla, people! Thank you for taking an interest in The Verse! Hope you read up until book three! <3 Just a reminder, The Verse has been rewritten THREE times. Yes, three! It took me quite a while to work on my writing skills, haha. And, I would like to reach my deepest gratitute to those who have read all the versions of The Verse! I love you loyal readers! :)