Ch 4: The Three Giant Pigs Versus The She-wolf

dedicated to @kcirlenn, my real life best friend. Howdy buddy! :)

KAILEY~

Strolling by the park before going to school is the highlight of my day.

I walk alone, but I don’t mind at all. I secretly enjoy watching people living their lives to the fullest. The carefree kids run around the park chasing each other, their happiness evident in the sound of their laughter. I feel how lucky the couples around me are to have someone to be with. They sure have a happy morning, and I bet they always do. I am lost in a pool of lovebirds, but I really don’t mind.

Yes, I like being alone. I like staring at the night sky and get lost in my own thoughts. I like how the sun warms my bones while I enjoy a universe I've made in my own head. I like contemplating and separating myself from the world.  I like not caring about what others think or say about me. I like staying in my room all day and not being aware of what’s going on outside.

Yes, I love being alone. But seeing these people have each other and the joys that come with it, I realize that I don’t want to be by myself forever. I realize that I don’t actually fancy being lonely.

I don't want to live alone for the rest of my life, and certainly I don't wanna die alone.

Sorry for being so emo, I whisper to myself, afraid of the judgment of anyone who could actually read my mind right now. Hmph, as if people would actually hear me apologizing.

I kept in mind what Cyrille said about how easy it is to make friends in Castleburn. I just love how that girl gives me hope. I just wish she’ll always be there for me whenever I need her.

The tranquility of the park is disturbed by some screaming and the scampering of kids away from an area. The couples around me don’t care about the ruckus and they continue to stroll. Unlike them, I stop and proceed to the place to find out what’s going on. The commotion doesn't seem to be something that should be ignored.

It’s a typical school scene. A relatively larger kid grabs hold of a collar of a small boy. I don’t know what this bully wants. Lunch money, I guess? How old school.

Drawing closer, I come up with the conclusion that they are more or less the same age as me.

“So, you think you can hide from me forever, eh?” I hear the oversized kid say hoarsely to the boy.

The boy, sported in an odd attire, tries to wiggle his way out of his shirt. This results to the bully tightening his grip on his collar even more to the point that the boy seems to choke.

Damn. If I were that boy I would’ve already bitten the bully’s thumb.

Irritated, and more likely pestered, I frown. This is definitely something I don't wish to see in my mornings.

“Do you know how much trouble I went through just to find you? You’re being too difficult for me, you pest!” The bully’s voice thunders and further makes the boy shake. I don’t know why, but he seems to be mad wasting his energy to look for someone to pick on. How immature. This coward in disguise makes me sick.

Much to my surprise, the boy wails and starts to sob.

Double damn. Like some stupid intimidation like that could actually be frightening.

The wind breezes in. I had to turn away for a moment because I caught something in my eye. Sarcastically speaking, the wind chose the best quick fraction of a second to irritate my eye. The moment I'm looking away, I hear the sound of a lunchbox clashing onto the rough and hard pavement. The lunchbox isn’t the only thing that’s lying on the ground. There is an unzipped bag, coins, school notebooks and other nerdy things I’m not familiar with.

Rockstar Serenade: The VerseOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara