Ch 24: Conspiracy

KAILEY~ 

Since that early morning Terra called, I drift away from reality more often than I should be. That conversation over the phone was haunting me. It wasn’t the usual banter, and there was definitely no single trace of humor in that talk. It was heavy. It was all seriousness, and a confession of an ugly truth.

Terra’s pregnant.

She claimed that she has never done ‘it’ with another man other than Chris these past couple of years. I see no problem with Terra being pregnant, but Chris being the father of the child pretty much the bomb that she has dropped on me. Goddammit. Chris is engaged. Chris is engaged. Chris is a goddamn engaged man.

After being confronted with the problem, the idiot bassist felt like he got splashed with a bucket of cold water. He foolishly set up a bet in which Terra foolishly agreed to.

Both of them are fuckin’ fools.

Fuck that dude. The solution to this isn’t as easy as tossing a coin. And fuck Terra for agreeing on this. Why is she so confident that Flame Apocalypse will win?

Terra’s stricken voice over the phone chases me ‘til my sleep. “Little missy, that guy’s got no backbone. You gotta help me out.” Every word crushed and burned me like molten rocks. “You need to win this. For his reputation and for the band’s reputation. I’ll have to quit playing onstage for the next several months and the media will have to know. I can’t lie saying that it isn’t Chris’ child. The poor child will have an identity crisis. And, I can’t let him have his image ruined just ‘cause I forgot about protection.”

Ugh, stupid stupid stupid stupid! Why can’t Terra allow him to rot in shame?!

At least, Chris says he wants to keep the child, even if Terra wants to have it aborted. I myself would not let Terra abort the poor kid.

“Get up there, you’ll catch a cold.”

That just sounded so annoying. Concern in Oliver’s voice doesn’t suit him, and I throw him curses in my mind when his large head hovers over me, blocking the view of the winking stars. Besides, I’m still not done stressing over Terra and Chris just yet.

“It might soon rain. Lately it has been rainy in state, right?”

I just don’t get why in the end, the fate of the two would be decided by The Forward Afflicted and Flame Apocalypse. Why couldn’t they just leave me and Trevor out of this mess? I really want Trevor to win this time, but I want Chris to choose Terra. Now I don’t know what course of action to take. To win, or not to win?

“You know, I’m serious about you getting up. The grass is usually damp during the night, and I don’t want a sick lead singer by the competition day.”

“I’d appreciate it if you’d stop stepping on my hair,” I answer grumpily. “Go away, I’m in the middle of thinking about things.”

“Nervous, huh?” He hovers over me again and smirks. I did appreciate him moving to the side so avoid trampling on my hair, but his smirk makes me wanna shoot a fist upward.

“Damn no,” I grunt. Terra also told me to keep the thing a secret for now, but I couldn’t think of a perfect lie to drive her nephew away.

“Then what are you thinking of?” Still wearing that annoying look, he sits by me then lays his back on the grass, adjusts himself ‘til our bodies are parallel under the night sky.

“Dammit, you’re lying on my hair!”

“Meh,” he says then gathers my hair and places them to the other side of my face. “I didn’t know you were that hair-conscious.”