Ch 14: Battle Of The Bands, Final Phase

dedicated to a sneaky sneaky friend, who I told not to read the first version but read it anyway. LOL :) I appreciate all the comments and support, dear! xx

KAILEY~

A redhead.

He didn’t notice me at all, instead, he approached to a redhead like she’s the only person in the area. I am angry.

I scrutinize the girl from head to toe, rummaging my memory bank to see if I’ve seen her somewhere—in school, at the park, the streets, wherever. Her face doesn’t ring a bell. Though I realize that she isn’t aware of me or that I’m gritting my teeth at the sight of her, I flash a sour face and stick my tongue out. After all, she’s with Trevor and seeing Trevor hang out with a pretty girl like her makes me nauseous.

I wouldn’t mind barging in and interrupting the conversation between the two, but all of a sudden, Trevor shakes his head. “That doesn’t make any sense!” he shouts and then walks away. He stomps angrily, his eyes seething and blinded with fury that he doesn’t see me even if he just passed in front of me. The girl just rolls her eyes when Trevor disappears in another pool of people. Not long after, she also disappears from my sight.

What the hell was all of that?

Initially, there was this glint in Trevor’s eyes when he headed towards her, the kind of glint when he looks at Terra or at the headquarters. Something’s about that girl, and something just happened that made him upset.

Frustrated because I’m not able to at least congratulate him, I go back to the stage and find my chair beside Terra still vacant. I swallow the lump in my throat, thinking that that girl must be someone special to Trevor. Somehow I can’t get her out of my mind.  More likely, Trevor likes her more than just a friend. Worse, she’s a girlfriend and their relationship kept at a low profile, then a misunderstanding just came up.

Sigh. How could I be blind to something possible? Is it really that pathetic of me to think that Trevor’s too in love with music that he’d shove other interests to the edge?

The fifteen minute break’s almost over, and I still haven’t seen the sight of Trevor. I hope he’s alright, and I hope he isn’t thinking of the girl.

“Little missy, yo. Something’s bothering you?” I only look away, because I know that to Terra, I will always be an open book. “If it’s Trevor you’re looking for, he’s at the dressing room allotted for his band.”

Thanks, I say in my mind, even more upset than ever. As if I’ll be allowed to trespass on a private area.

“Little missy. Stop ignoring me.”

“I’m not,” I say. “Just thinking.”

“Well I’ve been thinking of something too.” I turn to her direction in curiosity. “The Forward Afflicted, something’s fishy about that band, plus something’s fishy about their performance too.” I remain inert, so that Terra would continue. “I wasn’t expecting their win. Not at all. I wasn’t also expecting their performance. Did you do something that made them improve?” Terra eyes me suspiciously, an arm still wrapped around an uncaring Chris.

“No,” I say flatly. “But I did assault their practice once.”

“Oh, you told them they suck?”

“Uhm yeah, but I didn’t directly say it that way. Plus, I fought with their drummer. Afterwards, Trevor and I didn’t speak to each other in weeks.”

Terra lounges, not in the usual manner to relax but in a way that shows uneasiness. “That’s practically the same thing.” She makes a ‘tsk’ sound with her teeth. “You’re in deep trouble, little missy.”