Ch 1: Bizzare Concert Encounters, Moshpit Dreams

dedicated to @Coolstorytime for being my very first reader! :)

TREVOR~

It all happened a more than a couple of years ago.

I would have given up anything in exchange for a breath of fresh air. It was a dire need. I hoped to be conscious for a few more seconds, just enough time so I could make my way out of here. I tried breathing like a goldfish—my chin up ridiculously high and my mouth in a perfect O shape—but it was of no help.

I feared the possibility that I’d collapse within this mass of people. Damn, that would make me look pathetic.         

Every push I gave to whoever got in my way was reflected back by a brute return of an arm. Every step I took to distance myself from the stage never seemed to take me closer to the spacious area I was heading to. I was nearly deaf since I’ve been standing near the sound systems, flooded by the ringing of the guitars’ distortion effects. Additionally, the fangirls beside me screamed like they’re gonna rip their throats apart.

Any minute now, my bones could get crushed by the awfully huge bodies of co-fans. My parents wouldn’t want that, and neither would I.

Damn Xavier for dragging me to a heavy metal concert. Yes, I told him that music is my thing, but that didn't not count being a part of a rowdy crowd who did nothing but to frantically move their body along to the beat of the drums.

The sudden booming sound of the amplifiers gave me the shock of my life as it thundered along with the lead singer’s scream. It was a sound loud enough that I felt my insides literally shake from the resonance.

“Alright, I wanna see the crowd split up! Give me a huge gap in the middle!”

The lead singer’s request made my body hairs stand. No, it can’t be! Not right now, please! I haven’t even made it halfway out, and now I’m about to be involved in yet another near-death experience.

The wall of death.

My pace started racing with the pounding of my heart. I didn’t care who I step on or bump into. All I cared about now is to get out of here by all means. It felt like bustling my way out of a jungle and scampering away from a very hungry predator. Xavier should’ve known that these types of concerts aren’t for us fourteen-year-old boys. Muscular torsos clashing would be the death of us.

The crowd is split into two, forming a huge gap in the middle. If I could only make my way to that gap...

Thirty seconds in, and the lead singer gives a loud growl.

“GOOOOO!”

The heaviest part of the song played. Dammit, I wasn’t able to save myself.

I was rushing along with this tide of aggressive fans ready to tear the opposite group apart. I cursed for not being able to make it to that space before Randy gave the growl. Oh well, if you can’t beat ‘em, join ‘em. Do or die.

Everybody screamed upon the collision. I folded my arms in front of me and bumped my back and shoulders to whoever gave me a hit. This was, at least, revenge for everything I’ve been through for the past few hours. I let out all my fury by moshing. Man, self-expression never felt this good.

After several seconds, I was deliberately pushing my way out of the crowd.

By the end of the song, I barely made it out alive. Even without checking myself out in the mirror, I knew I looked wasted.