Ch 7: The Living Memory Of My Dear Sister

dedicated to @NSavage1, another Wattpad friend I made during my early writing months :P

TREVOR~

I can’t believe she didn’t come to school again.

The kids and teachers in school have been looking for her, wondering if she's okay and being curious to what made her skip two consecutive days after her fight. I told them that Kailey’s fine and that the worst gash she got from the fight is a large cut on her head. However, they look at me like I'm covering half of the truth. For some strange reason, they were skeptical and I don't know why.

The folks in school seem to be more concerned than scared. Damn, am I the only one who’s intimidated by her?

The rumors aren’t even rumors. Rather, the stories made her sound more like a heroine who saved a nerdy, frail boy. She's been labelled as Kailey the badass, Kailey the heroine, and Kailey the she-wolf. I even heard some kids thinking of befriending her, just to keep the bullies out of their way.

As if the likes of her would allow them to use her! Damn, they weren’t even bold enough to sit beside her and get shouted at for not paying close attention at first day. And, by the looks of it, I'm currently her only friend in school.

And, speaking about rumors, one of my classmates in Math spotted us walking together this morning. Now he’s telling the kids in school that the two of us are dating. A date with the metal-swinging girl? I just can’t wrap my mind around that.

I rest my head on my hand, looking out the glass windows, pretending to be in deep thoughts so that no one would dare disturb my peace. I take a swift glance at the classroom's wall clock. There's ten minutes left before the bell rings, but I couldn’t wait any longer. I’m about to jump out of the window in pure eagerness about the upcoming jam with Xavier’s drummer friend. All we need is a good singer and a skilled bassist and we’ll be good to go.

Xavier and I are finally forming a band. Finally.

I smile at the thought then I feel a poke at my back. “Hey, Lyric’s waiting outside again.”

Without turning my head to the direction of the voice, my eyes quickly dart to the school entrance, where I suspect Lyric would be at this time of day. I stare in disbelief at my friend. She turns her head to the left and to the right, as if she’s got the whole grounds under her surveillance. She seems to be looking for someone and I think I know who it is. Later, I lose sight of her in the vast group of kids clustered in the middle of the school grounds.

“She’s got it bad for you, Xavier,” I say.

“Maybe she’s got it bad for you,” my friend denies. I roll my eyes but made sure he didn't see. His denial just crossed the limits of my patience in dealing with his attitude. “We gotta take the other way, Trevor. That girl’s trouble.”

I nod, shortly after the bell rings. I take one last glance out of the window to trace the path Xavier and I will be taking. Much to my surprise, the way is more crowded than how it usually is. Looking even more closely to get a sharper view, I see people circling around a lone girl.

“So, the she-wolf decided to show up after school?” Xavier asks, breathing over my nape.

Damn, he really had to confirm it just when I am trying to convince myself that it isn’t Kailey I’m seeing. Whatever brought her to school at this moment, I just hope she isn’t waiting for me like how Lyric is waiting for Xavier. That will just make the date rumor seem true.

I gather all of my things and head downstairs to where I spotted Kailey. The crowd is still there, and it even grew larger by the time I come close to having a clear view of Kailey’s face. Judging by the positive words and stories circling around the school, I assume that these people are congratulating her for knocking down the bad guys.