Ch 28: Trevor, Meet Jane

KAILEY~

There are people all around me—those with muscular arms with tattoos, lip piercings, hairstyles that demand attention, the loud colors of their hair yet the gloomy blacks of their outfits, the overly done makeup and the liberated lifestyle. Though I’m not a social chameleon, I cringe envisioning myself being like them for the peer pressure is just too strong. It’s one thing I know I wouldn’t be able to escape from. Most of the folks here would always mention me as CJA’s ‘little Terra’ and tell me their expectations of me, and the fact that I’m likely to disappoint them is saddening.

I don’t belong here. This club’s one hell of a crappy organization of rambunctious idiots and I. Don’t. Belong. Here.

Screaming for somebody to save me and take me out of here would be ridiculous. Everybody seemed pleased with locking me here in this inferno, suffocating under the odor of alcohol and the smoky wisps of cigarettes. Nobody had asked me how I’ve been. Nobody wants to hear me out. I am caged, spiritually and physically.

And don’t say I didn’t try socializing. Oliver dragged me into making friends with the CJA people. Believe me when I say that they’re too eccentric in every aspect. Like this one dude named Scale. His parents gave him a better name that that but he legally changed it to Scale when he was around 20. I thought at first it’s because he’s got bad looking skin that looked like the scales of fish but it was actually the musical scale reference. There’s also this woman who looks like a man, drums like a man, and eats like a man. And don’t get me started on club’s hot lady, Emerald of Mystique. I never thought a person could be so bizarrely obsessed with the sound of two inflated balloons rubbing.

But in the end, none of them made much of an impression. To me, they’re all just a bunch of arrogant dimwits.

The club has ranked the new members as neophytes. Thus we are require to have a mentor unil we could fair well ourselves. I chose Terra—well, duh—though Emerald also wanted me to be her little apprentice. Like mine, Em’s voice was genre-specific and both our band’s genres are almost similar, whereas DAB is on the rock side and Terra’s voice is just too impressively dynamic.

What irks me is that instead of enjoying this coming two weeks of fall break, I would be spending it composing songs with Flame Alyconia. It is a requirement. That means that there would be no sleeping the whole day, locking myself in my bedroom or enjoying the blankness of the ceiling for me. I would be out there, either with the band or in the headquarters, dealing with people I do not wish to be with.

It’s all Trevor’s fault. If only I didn’t agree to join the competition just so Trevor could have his second chance in the first place. If only I wasn’t too blinded.

Quickly darting a glance left and right, knowing that no one is looking and no one would care, I hit my head on a wall. Don’t worry, as much as I wanted to bleed, I did not.

I want to get out of here, assault Trevor, grab him by the collar and push him to a wall, scream at his face telling him how much I’m suffering right now because of him until my lungs would rip apart.

“And then, he’d suddenly kiss you as you continue blaming him,” I hear somebody tell me from behind, chuckling.

I carefully turn my head to her direction.

“You were saying your thoughts out loud.” Keana winks at me. “If you’re going to be that violent, make it happen. Else you’ll just be wasting your energy mumbling and seething there.”

“And what’s with the kissing part?” I growl, utterly annoyed. “I wouldn’t let that happen again.”

“Again?”