Prologue

She had been mourning for the passed six months. Her emotions filled with nothing but an empty valve in her heart that refused to pump. Even after the result of much hard work put into making her do something as simple as to smile, neither friends nor family were able to accomplish such task. Her mother, Mrs. Hackett, had died because of an incurable sickness in which the lady at hand had a terrible time finding reasonable. There was no such thing incurable. Especially an illness which symptoms were only coughs and colds. Sadly so, she eventually had to accept the future outcome if she didn't want to take it too hard on herself. However, expectations were not to be met as she had cried the most, cried the hardest, and cried the longest among anyone in the family. Jane had kept herself isolated in her room for most of the time and refused to go to school within the first week after the sad event - much to her father's chagrin. They weren't exactly rich nor extremely poor but money was and always will be hard to get by. Especially now that it was only her father himself that had to work extra harder. Even her older brothers insisted to compensate in their mother's absence in order to prevent a financial downfall. They spent plenty of time plowing and harvesting in the farm in all seasons. As for winter, well that was another challenge hardly welcomed. It was hard for every single member to cope up emotionally and financially, knowing that one slip of mother nature's whims could ruin their whole lives in general. Of course, even before the woman's death they've feared the same, albeit it was far different now that there would neither be a warmer soul that'd greet them after a hard day's work nor a womanly grace who never failed to encourage them everyday. Mrs.Hackett truly was an angel in disguise that the other town's men had fallen into her compassionate heart. It was solely the memory of her mother that kept Jane studying her hardest and continue going through the days and hardships. It was only the memory of her soothing back scratches and the beautiful lullaby voice she remembered her sing that allowed Jane to sleep soundly at occasional nights. As time progressed and she began to slowly stand back on her feet, the young girl suddenly remembered one precious memory that had been forgotten along the years of depression. Her mother wished her to find true happiness. Mrs. Hackett being the sole person in her life whom she loved the most, Jane made it a promise that she'd do exactly that.

N/A:
Okey! So Uhm I'm not really sure if girls went to school during the Victorian Era and if I am wrong, please comment that it is so I can immediately edit my mistakes :D
I hope this prologue does not bore you too much and I thank you for reading! I'll make sure to make it more interesting upon the process of making the first chapter. Byeee :)