Chapter 21: Gemini || Part 1

[A/N: Hello peeps! If you look above that is the family tree of Selene. It does not have Alexander, because Aexander is "dead". I will make a family tree for Helios, no worries peeps! Anyways I hope you enjoy this "filler" The Twins will be back in ROME! Who's siked for that? I know I am! I hope you enjoy and if you have any comments {comment} and want to express your love for the book {vote} do whatever you like {follow the directions in the {}}! Haha.

-Marla]

[[Alexander || June 12 B.C.E]]

"Salve wife," I wrapped my arms around her underneath the Lapis Lazuli blankets. I kissed her red cheek softly and continued to kiss her lovingly. Blonde curls guarded her face, but I moved passed them because no mundane ornament in the universe can ever halt me from expressing my love for my wife.

She giggled beside me and made a dreamy sound before shifting to her side and hugging me tightly. "I want to go to Britannia, Helios. I want my mother and father to see our sons."

I stared at her curiously and then relaxed as I answered, "Agápi mou , tha páme sýntoma (Greek: My love, we will go soon)." When she looked at me quizzically, I suddenly remembered that I had never taught her Greek. I opened my eyes wider and answered her thoughtfully, "Love, we will go soon, I promise. When Selene and Juba return from Rome, we will be away in Britannia."

"Do you promise?"

"Absolutely," I kissed her forehead and she began discussing her amicable tribe. "Father will glow when he sees how large Nik and Caden and even Lysander have grown. He will say that Caden is the largest little boy he has ever known and that he may be large enough to destroy the Roman legions if he stayed in Britannia. I will never allow my sons to fight. Losing a child - the way Selene had - is the worst feeling the Gods could ever bestow upon us. My sons will never fight Alexander, regardless of what you say."

I shrugged, "Caden loves to fight," I stared into her deep blue eyes, "Who am I to stop the desires of my children?"

"Their father."

"Sweetheart," I patronized, "no one can lead Princes; anyone can lead men. No one can correct Princes; anyone can correct men. Princes are not men. They are mortal Gods."

"Caden is not a Prince."

"Yes he is. You are a Princess, I am a Prince; therefore, we make little Princes and Princesses."

"The world does not recognize us as Royalty Alexander. Caden is a man, with no connections to be a Roman general. He can only be a man - never the man. And I do not want to see my son die. I do not want to listen to any of your sorry statements about Princes and how mighty they are. They are men; they all bleed; they all die. You were a Prince that died in front of Selene's eyes. I will not witness her grief with my sons."

I silenced myself. Then frustrated, "We do not agree." I rolled out of bed and picked up my robe from a chair. She sat up on her side and stared at me incredulously. She started to say something but I had already tuned her out and walked out of our chamber. My body slave approached immediately and without looking at him, I commanded him to get my tunic for the day. Silently, he obliged and I closed the door of the nursery behind me.

All my sons were awake, Gormlaith was not in her bed, and sweet Penelope was weeping in her little crib. I strolled to the wooden crib to pick up my wailing daughter. In her beautiful hazel irises, I realized that Gwen was right. That had not pushed me to run back into our chamber and apologize to Gwen; therefore, I stood there rocking Penelope to silence, dreading the moment when I would have to relinquish her.

"Papa?" Caden asked.

"Yes?"

"When will be heading to Rome?"