Chapter 3: Ludus | Part 1

[[A/N: EDIT! This is my BAE Alexander <3]

[[Alexander | 25 August 30 B.C.E]]

"Alexander," Marcellus knocked on my door. I rubbed my eyes and sat up lazily looking around my chamber. Well technically it's Marcellus' chamber, but I considered it mine, because Marcellus rarely stayed in the room.

"What?" I lay back down, putting my sheets up on top of my face.

Marcellus opened the door and walked in, "Wake up, breakfast is being served and it's your first day to the ludus."

When I didn't move Marcellus came over to me and pulled off the sheets, "Get up Alexander." He commanded.

With my eyes closed I sat up and stretched.

"Good," Marcellus nodded and walked away toward the door, "Come in Calix." Marcellus called in a slave.

"Good morning Domine." Calix bowed to Marcellus and I.

I got out of my bed, rubbing my eyes. Marcellus closed the door. "Get changed Alexander and then we'll go meet your sister and our sisters in the triclinium." Marcellus walked away from the bed to the chest full of my clothes. He looked through my clothes, briefly, and then shut the chest. "Calix call Victorius, and tell him to bring the new chest of clothing." Marcellus commanded.

"Yes Domine." Calix opened the door to seek Victorius.

"Take that tunic off Alexander." Marcellus commanded.

"My lion cloth too?" I asked Marcellus.

"No," he suppressed a chuckle, "Wait for Calix to deal with that."

Calix returned not even close to five minutes later. I was lounging on my bed talking to Marcellus about Julia.

"Domine, I brought the clothes." Victorius called from the door.

"That's good come in." Marcellus quickly commanded.

Victorius came in and left the chest by the door, then left. Calix came in afterwards.

"Calix bring me the chest." Marcellus lazily commanded.

"Yes Domine." Calix brought the chest with him to Marcellus.

Calix was a man about the age of my father, with dark brown hair, piercing green eyes, and a well-toned body. I've seen Valentina before, and I believe they would make a pretty couple, just like Marcellus and Julia. Marcellus and Julia have known each other since childhood and had been engaged since then. I pity my poor sister, when she found out Marcellus was engaged. She would always look at him with lovesick eyes. But Marcellus is a kind boy, and it is true, no one is able to resist his charms, except well Tiberius and me. I noticed my sister had been with Tiberius half of the time we've been in the garden, I have yet to ask her about him; but with so many people always taking us away from each other, I could hardly find time.

Marcellus picked out a red tunic and a white toga. Calix picked out a turquoise tunic and they bantered on which one would look nicer.

"If I may make a suggestion," Valentina entered the room discreetly. She closed the door behind her and walked to me, "Domine." She bowed.

"Salve Valentina." I smiled at her.

"Salve Domine," she acknowledged me, "you seem to grow fuller than your sister." She gripped my arm.

I blushed.

She looked away from me and towards Marcellus and Calix. "I suggest the turquoise." She instantly answered. "Domina Selene is wearing pink today, and the turquoise would match perfectly."