Chapter 36: Aurora

[[A/N: The following part is filled with bromance and male emotions that are so complex to understand you just have to take it as it is given. Juba and Selene are still a ship, but it's on a rocky course, for now. Hope you enjoy this one, and not kill me when your favorite character/couple is not aligning with the idea of a happily ever after. Thank you!

Olympias is a major subordinate character in next book. She's a woman to be careful around. ;) there's a reason. Very GOOD reason. Warning there will be a new couple. XD EXCITEMENT.

CAUTION: RATED R SCENE ALSO THERE IS SOME PARANORMAL ACTIVITY THAT MAY NOT MAKE SENSE. YOU ARE WARNED.]]

[[Alexander || April 6 B.C.E]]

The sun kissed the pale blue horizon and from the open balcony doors I could see the sun's sweet beaming upon the peaceful shores. I cuddled up closer to the creature underneath my bed sheets and kissed her cheek. For months I have been discouraged to follow what desire I harbored from this girl, but today I relented, and I did not feel awful about what happened.

"Bonum mane.' I caressed the curve of her side and leaned my head forward to kiss her neck. "Quid sentio (How do you feel)?"

She murmured something inaudible, before turning around to face me. "Geia (Hi)."

"How did you sleep?" I asked as I put an arm around her to hug her closer to me.

"Extremely well."

I grinned. "How does someone with blood as special as yours end up a slave?"

"Not all of us, can be spared like your gracious Queen. Who is a distant relative I believe."

"Macedonians, especially the royal ones. You can never tell, too many Greeks in the world."

"You're Greek. Athenian yes?"

"Mhm," I murmured and kissed her shoulder gently as a fleck of my blonde hair fell down my forehead and caressed me.

She caught my lips afterwards and we shared one very sweet kiss. When we separated, she looked affectionately into my eyes.

"You are a great master."

"You don't have to call me that," I shook my head. "You are a freewoman. You can call me, Helios."

"Right," she smirked, "I have been a slave too long."

"I imagine," I kissed her nose.

She blushed, "Let's talk about something."

"What?"

"There's gossip going around the palace."

"There is always gossip in the palace. Who is it about this time?"

"The King and Queen, their marriage. However, it is not the Queen's fault, it's the Kings."

My lips straightened and I sighed, lying back on my back. "I have already heard it. In fact I received letters from Her Grace. She is going to Rome, with the King's easy consent. It seems he has a fresh thing to occupy his busy mind."

"I never imagined the scholarly King to have an extramarital companion."

"Well," I personally thought about Augustus when he was still young. His affairs to get a son, which failed miserably, because of public opinion. "Great men are attractive." He murmured.

"You're a great man," she contended.

"I'm just the second most powerful in the land, until the Crown Prince and his siblings come of age. There is also the case that Ammayas shares my power."