Chapter 4: Tiberius | Part 3

[[A/N: Alex Pettyfer as Tiberius]]

[[Alexander]]

"Selene," I walked towards Selene and took her hand almost fiercely, however I relaxed.

"Excuse me," I quickly told Tiberius and slipped away with my sister who apologized to him..

"You have been gone so long," I said worriedly, "where did you and Tiberius go?"

"We went for a stroll through the markets," she answered holding onto my arm, petting my forearm, "you do not need to worry."

"Well I hope you're ready to go through the markets again, Julia intends to bring us shopping." I smirked.

"Of course," my sister smiled dazzlingly.

"I need to tell you something of some importance Alexander," she whispered and I knew this was important.

"What happened?"

"You see," she came closer to me, "Tiberius and I were walking, then this snake vender from Egypt, rose and made this show for me. He even voiced it; he voiced that I was still royalty. He voiced his respect and my importance. Tiberius was not too appreciative about that."

"Selene," I was alarmed, "the same thing occurred today."

I explained to her how Juba and I were discussing swordsmanship after ludus, and walking through the houses of many rich Romans. Well while we walked, we saw a slave. It was a woman slave, harassed by the son of her master. Before Juba could race to protect the poor girl, her master came out and scolded his son. Upon seeing us, the master put his head down, as in a nod, acknowledging us. His son and slave did the same too. He was, as I learned later, senator Sextus Marcus Cloelius. He had bowed for Juba, and me, since he acknowledged us both as royals. He recognized Juba as Juba II "King" of Numidia, and I as Alexander Helios Prince of Egypt, but now King. When he voiced his opinion, Juba made me turn around and walk back to the ludus. I did not hear much else, because I was puzzled. Why would that man publicly declare treason against Caesar like that? Juba explained to me later that Cloelius had been a good friend of Julius Caesar, Crassus, and Pompey. They were great men, powerful and strong too. They believed that Egypt was a jewel they needed, and they did have Egypt. I explained to Selene that our mother had given Julius Caesar all of Egypt the day she let him sleep with her. I did not go into further explanation, but I told her Cloelius was loyal to the first Consul's wishes. He would never see the royalty from Africa as conquered.

"He is a good man," Selene said later.

"I know he is." I stated.

"But he's a dead man." Selene gloomily announced.

"Maybe."

After that, we walked in silence, enjoying each other's company. I missed my sister dearly; everyone seemed to want to take her away from me. I missed those days, lazy afternoons, and silent nights in Egypt when my sister and I would walk, ride on horses or chariots, play with Ptolemy...visit my mother...hug father...sleep together on the soft bed piled with cotton pillows. I missed our tropical luxurious Egypt; Rome is cold.

"ALEXANDER!" Julia called from in front us.

"Yes?" I exclaimed.

Marcellus and Julia wait for us to catch up, and when all five of us are together, Julia speaks, "Alright so Selene, Alexander, Marcellus and I will go shopping. Tiberius, you can go home."

Tiberius looked at his stepsister with narrow eyes, "You honestly thing you can boss me around, Julia?"

Julia smiled defiantly, "Yes."