October 1st: Prologue

• Dedicated to All My Fans From My Five Other Stories

Three Days Ago

"Don't force me into this!" I pleaded, small tears threatening at the corners of my reddened eyes.

            "I'm sorry, honey," chimed my ever-pleasant mother. "It's just a lot better for your father." She patted my matted hair and walked off to the truck.

            "No-o," I coughed out, tears running down my face, smudging the make-up I hadn't bothered to take off last night, matching the shower I hadn't taken either.

            "Come on, sweetie!" called my father from the driver's seat.

            "But... But Jack! I can't leave him! I won't! Never! I'd rather die than go with you terrible parents and lose him!" I shrieked. I collapsed to the cold November ground.

            "He knows you're leaving him, baby. I rang him this morning to tell him since you refused to," she informed me nonchalantly.

            "You-you-you broke up with him f-for me?" I asked, hurt stinging my voice. Water was pouring from my eyes and sobs rocking my dry, hollow body. I'll bet he thinks I hate him now.

            "Yes. I told him you were moving and couldn't balance a long-distance relationship and your school life. In those exact words. Now let's go, we don't want to miss our flight," she said in that happy, yet irritating voice. How can you be so oblivious to your daughter who's dying inside?

            "Daddy," I whispered.  "Don't make me go."

            He got out of his truck and walked up to me, his broken sixteen-year-old daughter.

            "Come on." He picked me up and began carrying me. I punched and kicked and clawed and bit. But he wouldn't let go. "You'll find someone better than Jack, trust me."

            "No! I'll never trust you again!" I hollered in rage. He placed me in the backseat and strapped my seat-belt on, shutting and locking the door.

            "But I never even said good bye!" I said in my last attempt of escaping this torture.

            "Your empty home is good enough," he remarked.

            "My empty heart isn't." Those words echoed in my head years after I said that, from reasons of its own that are too terrifying to explain at the moment. But will soon resurface to eat at your minds and torture your dreams.

.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.

Author's Note: Thanks so much for giving this story a chance! It is my October Story! It's to celebrate Halloween and my birthday month! So I'll post one chapter every night, leading up to the final chapter on Halloween night! This is only a short story so don't expect long chapters. I love you all for reading! I have five other stories for anyone who was wondering... By the way, this is a ghost story!!!

And see that button on the left of your screen named vote? Please click it!

And by the way, I didn't make it to Round 2 of the Wattys. It made me a bit depressed, but oh well!

PS - PLEASE CHECK OUT MY NEW AND UPDATED WORK - THE BOY WHO FELL OFF A LAWN MOWER!! Of course, you are welcome to read this story, but I wrote this many years ago so the grammar and style is nowhere near where I am at now. I have entered my new story in the 2018 Watty Awards so please check it out!!!