October 3rd

• Dédié à All My Fans That Have October Birthdays

Should I be scared? Is my mom really not who she seems to be? Or am I being paranoid?

A dream?

A prank caller that she yelled at?

I misheard?

Hmm...

My thoughts were disrupted by the oven dinging. Lunch would be ready soon and I told my secretive mother I'd take a look around.

I stood up, noticing I was still in my flare jeans and blue tank-top from last night.

How the fork did I fall asleep in this? It's a fashion violation! Never wear normal clothes to bed! What was I thinking?

I was thinking of Jack...

I miss him.

I miss him so bad that my heart is going to crumble up and drip into my blood stream and eventually I'll start pooping out pieces of my heart. How cheerful.

I changed quickly into some grey sweats and a twin tank to the one I was wearing. I threw my hair up into a messy bun and slapped some make-up on. I'm not going anywhere today. I don't need to look to pretty I guess.

I laughed aloud at my thoughts. Since when had I become such a diva? Was it when I developed a radar for fashion?... Nope, today is just the day to be a diva.

I tried to muster up a smile for myself in the mirror. Ugg, I look like a disturbed cat trying to frown.

Yummy.

And getting dressed had eaten up my ten minutes until lunch.

"Honey! Time for lunch! I made chicken nuggets and french fries!" Good old mom, always making the simple foods. Also known as my favorite.

We had a very boring lunch. It was just my mother and I. My dad was at his first day of work. He works for some computer company. They're pretty big, but I guess they have all their offices in small towns like this. That's why we moved. The moved his office to a smaller town with a bigger, more important branch.

The rest of the day went swimmingly. Thw house was big. Bigger than our old one. That made me happy. But it felt empty because Jack's happy prescence had never been here.

I crashed early. Apparently it was Saturday. I'd lost all track of time since I was told we were moving.

Tomorrow we were unpacking all the boxes.

The day after I start school.

Yuck...

I slowly drifted into a deep slumber. My heavy eyelids finally shut and I was brought to a land of peace and happieness.

I'm wandering through a meadow. There are clothes wracks. They all have beautiful dresses on them. Dresses that you would see on girls for their homecoming dances.

But they have wrinkles.

I go to a long, white, flowing dress and try to smooth out the wrinkles on the blue belt, but they stay.

Someone behind me hands me an iron. I take it graciously and bring the dress to the ironing board next to the wrack.

The wrinkles are still there, though.

I turn to the person who gave me the iron to complain.

When I notice it is Jack, I forget all my worries. I run to hug him. For him to sweep me up in his arms. But I puts out a hand and stops me. A voice as soft as butter melted in my ears when he began speaking. "Our relationship has so many wrinkles. It is flawed. The folds will never go away. We should stay apart. It may be for the best."

I couldn't believe my ears. Jack didn't want me. "No! The wrinkles can always be fixed! If you fold something, it can always be unfolded!"

"I think you should get another dress, Victoria. I think you need a new realationship. We're too far apart. You left me. You don't want me. This is what you wanted. Good bye."

The form of the love of my life started shimmering. He faded. I tried to grab hold of his arm, but my hand just sunk right through his transparency. He was gone now.

The world is shimmering. It's starting to fade. It's transparent. It's gone. I'm gone.