October 12th

Twenty Minutes Later, After Mrs. Night Had Finally Left The Room

"Jack?" I whispered. "Jack?" I said out loud.

No reply.

"Jack?" I tried again. See what you did mom? Now Jack left and who-knows when he'll be back.

My phone buzzed its little text ringtone. I snatched it off the bed-side table. It's Cale. He asked me why I wasn't at school. I quickly answered, saying I was sick, but I would be there tomorrow.

The rest of my afternoon went by in a boring manner. All though my mother made many intrusions, Jack didn't once.

I texted the boys while they were in their classes. Cale told me that Chris got caught and the teacher took his phone. I felt guilty, but oh well.

I read my whole book that I'd started at my old school for a project. I wrote a diary entry about ghosts... I haven't written in my diary since I was nine. I think that shows I'm having an emotional issue.

I probably had about six bouls of alphabet soup, I found it strange that the last one had the letters spelling out "JACK LOVES YOU." Ghostly activity?

The ghost of Jack... Isn't that a song? Well, it's actually the ghost of John, but that's close enough.

Have you seen the ghost of Jack?

Long, white bones with the skin all gone.

Wouldn't it be chilly with no skin on?