October 9th

We walked along the pathway without really any comments until Chris said, “So, how was the rest of your afternoon?”

            “Oh... it was great,” I began sarcastically, “I stayed up in my room and did nothing the whole time.” He laughed at this and we continued walking. I had no intention of flirting with him because 1) I’m still mourning and 2) he has a girlfriend.

            “So, whose party is this?” I asked curiously.

            “Take a guess. Who seems to be the most outgoing partier out of your new friends?” he asked skeptically.

            I thought for a second. “Austin?” I guessed.

”No, it’s the tooth fairy… Yes, it’sAustin!” he exclaimed sarcastically.

“Ha-ha,” I fake laughed at his overused joke. And that just made him laugh, causing the chain reaction of laughter. You know? When it’s not really funny, but you think that it’s funny that someone else thought it was funny. Yeah, then.

We walked the rest of the short distance laughing. Chris led me up the pathway which already had plentiful people on it.

“Austin’s parties are the bomb,” he said excitedly.

“Really?” I asked.

“Uh-huh. They’re uber epic!” he squealed and put a fake girl face on. I laughed at that. We entered the open door and Sheldon immediately approached.

“Hey, man,” he said to Chris and they fist-punched. “Hey,Victoria,” he said happily.

“Hi, Sheldon,” I answered. He had a cup in his hand, I wasn’t sure if it was beer or a ginger ale because the cup was blue and I could only partially see inside.

“I guess you’re feeling alright, now. I mean, since you came to this party and all. But how are you?” he asked, a bit nervously. I do that to boys. I honestly don’t think I’m that pretty. Jack always called me beautiful and always asked my why I didn’t notice how other boys look at me. I just don’t see it. But now that I’ve been away from him, I think I’m seeing how the world looks at me.

“I’m good,” I said politely. A few people I didn’t know wandered up to us, wanting to meet the new girl. Yup, that’s what I am now, the mysterious new girl with a totally unknown past.

Chris and Sheldon walked off to join some of their other friends, leaving me in the hands of these strangers.

“Hey, babe. Did it hurt?” tried one of them with average looks. That’s what everyone, except Jack, looks like to me.

“No, it didn’t hurt when I fell from heaven,” I replied flatly.

“Hey, miss,” called one of them. “What’s your name?”

“Victoria,” I replied and stalked off, sounds of cat-calls reaching my ears. I don’t like this group of people. I’m finding someone more enjoyable.

I swiveled my head to look back and walked into someone.

“I’m so sorry!” I exclaimed. Then I realized who it was. “Eww, it’s Gabriela!” I said in the most disgusted, irritating voice I could muster.

“Aww, has Vicky-poo really moved away from Jacky-wacky?” she asked in a baby voice.

“Jack. Is. Dead.”

Gabriela’s taunting face fell into utter disbelief. “No he’s not. You’re a dirty rotten liar,” she said, with a lot less conviction than before.

“Yes. Gabriela, he’s gone,” I said, my voice cracking at the true pain this caused me to say. “He’s dead.”

“Are you sure?” Wow, that was a stupid question. Am I sure if he’s dead? Or is he still breathing inside the morgue?

“Yes. I’m sure. Now, are you going to apologize for hitting my over the head with a dictionary?”

“He’s… dead?” she said, detached from her speech.

“Yes, he is. It’s not like it would make a difference to you, though. You never even had a chance with him. And plus, you’re dating Austin, who I may say, it quite cute,” I said, trying to get some words besides “he’s dead” out of her mouth.

“Yes, I suppose, but what happened to him?” she asked sadly.

“We don’t know yet, it was very recent.” I said gravely. I’m surprised I didn’t break out in tears. But then again, I’m not one to show strong emotions in public.

“Oh… well, okay. I’m sorry for knocking you out,” she said.

“Gabby, I think I’m supposed to say I’m sorry for ratting you out, since you apologized, but I didn’t do anything wrong, so…” I said harshly.

“I guess it’s cool,” she said and stuck out a hand. “Truce?”

“Truce,” I confirmed and shook. I’d made my first friend in this new town. But the weird thing is, I’d made it out of an enemy.

.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.

Author's Note: My birthday is today, October 17th! I know this chapter is the 9th, but I should get up to the 17th by the end of the day. My laptop was broken and I had some already-written chapters saved on it, so I couldn't post. But it is fixed now.

As I was saying, today is my birthday. For a present, I wanted you guys to comment on every chapter I uploaded. (please also vote on this, too, since it's in the Watty Awards) I'm uploading a chapter for all my books today. Go to my  profile and read the message I sent to all my fans, it explains everything about my birthday list!!!