October 31st: Epilogue

Epilogue

"Merry Christmas!" exclaimed my cousin, walking down the stairs. They'd arrived at the beginning of the week and were staying with us until Christmas night. Christmas Eve had finally arrived, and that was today.

"Merry Christmas... Eve. You've still got another day til the real one!" I laughed.

"Hey, kids!" said my dad, walking into the living room. All my cousins and some of my aunts and uncles were sitting around, watching some sillyC  holiday special.

"Hey, dad," I said. He'd really perked up once his brothers had arrived to cheer him. All my friends and their families were arriving tomorrow morning.

That's why Jack and I had to be back very early.

Back from Vermont.

After we let our master plan unfold.

•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•

Nine At Night

"Wake up honey," chimed my ghostly boyfriend. I'd gone to bed around seven, claiming I was really tired from staying up late the past two nights. The real reason though, was because I wouldn't be getting any sleep tonight.

"They're all in bed and asleep, ready for Santa." Time to take action.

Jack had somehow managed to get us four plane tickets. One for ten at night and one for seven in the morning. On Christmas morning, we always sleep in. We'll be cutting it close with a three and a half hour flight there and back, but we don't have a choice in the matter.

"Let's do this," I said.

We tip-toed down the stairs and rushed out to the street. Parked at the end of the road, as planned, was Ted's car. We rushed over to it in a matter of seconds and piled our carry-on into it. I got in the driver's side. Jack didn't even open the door and slid into the passenger seat. We drove the five minutes to the small airport while going over the plans over and over again.

I went through security within a half hour and got something to eat from the inards of the airport shops. I took the flight. I sat by myself, even though Jack was there, invisible and sitting on the floor, though. I wrote messages on papers and would "accidentally" drop it on the floor so he could read them. It was kind of fun, actually.

We never had to get through baggage after the flight because of the carry-on. I sprinted out of the aireport while Jack leasurly floated next to me. I ran and ran until I reached 251 Birch Drive.

Jack's old home.

I reached under the first step to the porch and retrieved the key, unlocking the door as we scuddled in. Jack walked quite slow because he was basking in memory lane, but I hurried him along. We went up the stairs and through the open door of the living members of the Sommers Family's door. Jack's dad was gone that night because he'd gone to see his cousins that night and was briging back a present for his wife that morning. We began.

I lightly prodded Belle with my finger and went and hid in the closet, only peeking through a tiny crack.

"Huh? What? Who is there?" she asked groggily while sitting up. Then she turned around and saw Jack. Her eyelids snapped all the way open and she sat up straight in the bed. "Jack."

"Mum," he began, "I've come to visit you in your dreams, which means yes-this is a dream,"

"Are you the ghost of past? Where are the ghosts of present and future?" she asked, getting a little excited.

"No, no I'm not, and they aren't coming," he said. "I've come to speak with you." He dropped his calm manor and said, "Mommy, I love you!" and hugged her. He stepped back and she had tears in her eyes. "Merry Christmas, mom."

"Merry Christmas, Jack. I love you so much. So does your father and your family. And so does Victoria."

That's when I came out of the closet, wearing a clown wig (to make it seem more like a dream, considering that was extremely unprobable in real life) We don't need Belle thinking that she's going mad and seeing dead people.

"I love you," I said. And I kissed Jack.

"As do I," he repeated.

And in usison, we said, "we're the perfect two."

•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•

Author's Note: This is my first completed story!!!! It's in the Watty Awards 2011 so you know what that means ;) I'd like to thank you all for reading/voting/commenting/etc. It means a lot. You'll go far in life! I love you all!

PLEASE CHECK OUT MY NEW AND UPDATED WORK - THE BOY WHO FELL OFF A LAWN MOWER!! Of course, you are welcome to read this story, but I wrote this many years ago so the grammar and style is nowhere near where I am at now. I have entered my new story in the 2018 Watty Awards so please check it out!!!